twenty-nine

i joined the voice, karl's headphones on my ears. they were a little too big like everything from him but i didn't bring my own so i had to go with them anyway.

the boys greeted me happily and we joked around as alex was deafening himself to start stream.

"nick i swear to god if you send me that imagine one more time-"
"what imagine?", george threw in.
"no imagine!", nick laughed. "don't show them"
"wow", dream scoffed. "keeping secrets from us huh"
"duh", nick replied.

"hey handsomes!", alex undefeated. "today in the stream; mister georgenotfound!", gorge said hi awkwardly, making us laugh. "his boyfriend dream!", he continued. "husband*, hi chat!!", clay smiled without anyone being able to see. "sapnap!", alex laughed. "hello everyone", he grinned softly. "and our special guest, you might know her due to sapnap's stream from two weeks ago: ashton!"
"helloo!", i smiled as well, completely unsure as of what to say and how. i should try to just ignore the fact he was streaming.

"introduce yourself, ash!"
"okay uhm i'm ashton", george and clay bursted out laughing. "oh really??"
"shut up!", i laugh. "i don't know what to say"

nick laughed too now. "i'll do it then, ash is a friend of ours, you might know her due to my stream or the twitter and instagram post with all of us, that's her!"
"oh yeah, right", i added. they didn't tag me because i didn't want clout but people ended up stalking through who they followed and found me anyway because they didn't censor my face, only clays.

"today we will teach ash how to play minecraft! she's never played before and is using karl's pc and account so don't get confused, karl isn't here."
"sorry to let you down there", i grin.
"now come online!", alex laughed.
"what server do i log on?", i search through them.
"dream smp"
"there isn't one called dream smp", i answer.
"what are they called?", dream asked.
"i do not wanna say these names in front of thousands of people", i laugh.
"share your screen", george laughed.
"yes please!", nick did the same. he only played on his own account while being here.

"oh my god!", they all started to laugh at how karl named his servers.
"it's the second one, jesus christ", nick finally said, following by me joining the server.

dream, sapnap, quackity and georgenotfound were the first names i saw, written over weird skins i had never seen before. "what the hell are them skins of yours??", i ask in disbelief.
"what do you mean?!", george scoffed. "our skins are awesome.", "well", i laugh, followed by nick and alex.

"okay, you're going to use w, a, s and d to walk", alex started to explain the controls to me.

it ended up in complete chaos because they were all trying to make me learn and do different things at the same time, creating a giant mess.
i ended up crafting some stuff, mining and building a house with them together. at the end they wanted to do a battle with me rating their buildings.

"alright, time's over!", i say, making all of their characters come over to karl's.
"i'm so gonna win.", clay grinned, starting an argument. "no, i will!", "you suck!", "i'm the best!", "we all know that i'm the best at building.", "no, me! you can't even build a simple house!"
"okay, okay!", i laughed. "enough fighting, who starts?"
"george goes first!", alex said. "he's the worst"
"what?! you idiot, i'm absolutely not!", he shooted back immediately.
"let ash decide then.", you could hear alex's confident grin even though i didn't have his stream open to see it, i didn't even want to know how many people were watching or what they were saying.
"alright", i walked over go george's building, running around it in circles. "what exactly should this be?", i ask out, truly not able to figure it out, grinning as everyone laughed at me turning down george's ego. "i mean it's not bad but i can't tell what it is"

"of course you can! this is ridiculous.", george scoffed, feeling insulted. clay tried to calm him down while laughing along with us. "i think i get it"
"then what is it clay??", i ask, still laughing.
i was the only one calling all of them by their real names because that's how i met them and i still didn't quite get used to their online nicknames. the only nickname i use is gogy for george sometimes, but that was rarely.

we spent another forty minutes on looking at the buildings, discussing about them, before i said that i liked nick's best because he had put effort in and it was simple but really good. he used lots of different blocks and decoration, even though alex's for example was way bigger and more high-tech.

they all acted like children but accepted that nick won in the end. we talked for a little longer, them just answering questions from chat while i scrolled through twitter a little, just listening.

"one last question, ash", alex informed me. "they wanna know why you're at karl's and where he is"
"oh, easy! i broke into his house last night, he's now kept in the basement so that i can be here and enjoy this call in peace.", i smile, earning laughs from the boys. "well chat, now you know! rest in peace karl" and with that we said our goodbyes before alex turned off the stream.