seventeen

the two of them have been doing lots of streams the last few days, i always hung out on karl's bed watching them from afar with a smile on my face.
they loved what they were doing, they we're passionate and happy, in their element and seeing that was making me forget about all of my problems.

i sure missed my photography but i was also really happy to get a break from it for once.
i have been taking lots of pictures of the two and we also took a few with all three of us, i really enjoyed their company.
i think i could call both of them my friends at this point and with every day i'm getting closer to their other friends as well.

besides our intense talking sessions and their streaming stuff i spent most of my time cooking for them and editing anyway.

they planned on doing their promised cooking stream tonight with me on the camera, which is why all three of us were going out to buy the ingredients and supplies they needed plus a new lense for video filming for me, i only had good ones for pictures.
they asked me to take over the camera and lightning part which i happily agreed to, happy to help them and being able to do what i love, catching moments on camera, playing with light and angles, creating a scene.

and i also had to be the one saving them if they burned down the kitchen. and by they i meant nick, he couldn't cook at all.
karl also wasn't the best cook but it was safe to let him do stuff in the kitchen all by himself.

they needed pans and utensils, since karl wasn't cooking often he didn't have much at home.
you could say it was only the bare minimum.

we decided to walk to the center of the city by foot instead of taking karl's car since it was easier to get to the stores and we could enjoy a walk in the sun, who would've said no to that? we're inside enough already. they didn't wanna go out that much since they didn't want to spotted and interrupted by viewers and i also wasn't a fan of being seen with them because pictures could be taken and spread without my permission.
but we planned on going to the beach and doing a picknick the next few days as well, at least enjoy the sun a little.

karl was the one walking between nick and i, pretty close to my body, our hands touching every other second - but i didn't mind at all.

if i figured something out the last days it was that karl's love language was touch and making effort.
he used every chance he got to touch not only me but also nick, a hand on our legs here, an arm on our shoulders there or even just making our feet touch under the table at dinner.

none of us found it weird or annoying in any way, we enjoyed every second of it. it shows how much he appreciates us being there and who wouldn't like to know that they're great company?

he looks at me with a questioning smile before gently grabbing my hand to interlace our fingers. i nod at him, smiling as well.
i felt butterflies filling my stomach, flying around like crazy. my reds glow a slight pink shade as i didn't expect my body to react to his touch that much.
i knew i really liked him but i wasn't sure what those feelings were at all. his hand is a little bigger than mine, it feels warm and soft, making me feel comfortable and safe.

i notice nick looking at us with a slight grin before turning back. karl only held my hand, not nicks, the reason was something i didn't know, maybe because of nicks sweaty hands, he had made clear that his hands get sweaty easily while gaming already, or maybe because he had the same kind of warmth in his stomach whenever we touched but i wasn't questioning it any further, enjoyed the situation as it was.

"so", nick started to talk. "y'all know where we have to go, right?"
"no idea", karl laughs, making me giggle. "i've never shopped kitchen stuff, my mom got it for me when i moved out. we're gonna find the right store easily though, shouldn't be too hard, right?"
"i know where to go, don't worry.", i smile and so we made our way to that store i was thinking of.

karl held onto my hand the whole time, no matter what he was looking at, gripping or buying. he even pulled his wallet out with one hand, handing it to nick to let him purchase the stuff they needed from his money.
the smile on my face didn't leave for a second.

and i could tell he was feeling the same.