fourteen

i got woken up from a loud voice singing, making me look around with a confused expression on my face.
i can identify the voice as karl and the direction it's coming from as the bathroom, i can also hear water so he's pretty much showering.
i sigh, getting up slowly to go to my side of the closet that we filled up together yesterday, grabbing underpants, a sports bra, black sweatpants and a basic purple t-shirt i throw on, right before i can hear the bathroom door creak open.

i turn around to see karl walking in in black boxershorts, we both blush a little at the unexpected situation.
"morning", he smiles nervously, walking up to me and picking out his outfit as well.

not to say that i didn't like what i see but i really just don't want to cross boundaries or anything so i stay quiet as i let him get dressed in peace, taking my turn to enter the bathroom. i wash my face, brush my teeth and hair, apply a little bit of mascara and leave the bathroom all fresh again.

we meet again in the kitchen, looking at each other for a few seconds before we both burst out into laughter. "i'm so sorry, i forgot to take my clothes inside and thought you were asleep!", he apologized. "it's all good, really, i was just a little shocked"

we decide on breakfast together, eating in front of the tv.
"what are they doing??", karl asked with a full mouth.
"okay so they go there together as partners, best friends, siblings, whatever and each designs a tattoo for the other but they don't know what they'll get from the other one so it's kind of like a a trust thing. they're almost always nice to each other but hell i've seen things on that show.", i explain, taking another bite. "oh no", he looks at me. "spill the tea"

"in another episode there were best friends that used to date, til one of them was catched cheating, so they broke up but cleared paths, staying best friends. he designed her a rose as apologize, right over her ankle.", i continue.

"what did he get?"

"a snake with the words "cheating bitch" on his lower stomach, right above his v-line"
he looked at me in shock which just made me laugh. "he got soooo mad over the tattoo and the whole being exposed on national television situation and they broke contact, he deserved it tho."

"i mean it's gonna be there forever but yeah, true, he could've known from the show anyway and cheating is the worst thing you can do to someone so it's basically his fault."
"exactly!", i grin. "a man that understands the situation and men being wrong or assholes, i'm impressed", i joke, looking at him while taking another bite.

"i know, i'm wifey material.", he grins which made us both smile and look back at the television, where grey comes up and lays down right infront of it, falling asleep again as karl's phone rang on the table.
i grabbed the emote, turning the tv volume down for him, earning a small smile.

"hey nick", he answers. "what's up?"
i bring our finished plates back into the kitchen.
i couldn't hear him until i came back into the living room.
"what? are you for real?? oh my god! should i- okay okay, see you"

"is everything alright?" i ask, sitting down again.
"of course, uhm nick just said that his flight for in two weeks got canceled and he booked one for next monday instead. he's going to be here around 12 pm tomorrow", he explained.
"oh, alright", i smile at him slightly, not knowing what else to say.

"we'll meet him sooner then"