thirty-nine

"i'd like chocolate, please", he smiled at the lady handing out our cones of ice-cream. "thank you", i pay her as we walk off towards a park near by. "oh come on", i scoff. "chocolate is the worst flavor, i don't get how you could choose it over especially or butter pecan!

"are you kidding me?? beverage over chocolate?!", he looked at me in disbelief. "any day, literally.", i answered, taking a bite. "you bite into your ice-cream??", he looked like he'd seen a ghost. "uh yeah obviously, why lick it a hundred times when you can just get a nice bite?", i shoot back, sounding a little shady. "oh my god, you're a psychopath."
"says the literal chocolate guy.", i shake my head slightly. "unbelievable."

we walk over to a near by bench, sitting down closely to each other, a big tree towering over us.
it was early summer and the sun was shining brightly and there were people with kids and dogs everywhere, enjoying their sunday, just like we were.

"you're gonna watch gilmore girls with me later.", i took another bite. "i'm actually starting to like the show, you know", he answered. "was about time!", i looked around. "even though i'm still not sure if i like this dean guy.", he did the same. "oh just wait till jess comes up!" "oh he sounds like trouble already."
i talked him into watching it with me because i used to love it when i was a teenager. every sunday night was gilmore night now, though we were only at season one episode eight yet. we'd have to make a binging night some time soon.
karl and i gossiping about actions of the characters while eating take out pizza has become something like a ritual, it would always go til one of us was about to fall asleep, then we'd pause and fall asleep on the small couch together.

"see that kid over there?", he asked, pointing to one that ran towards a bird. "it's gonna trip and fall, his shoelaces are untied.", we watched the scene intrigued until he actually tripped and fell straight onto the ground, making both of us laugh.
"did you see his face while falling? absolutely hilarious!", i looked up at him, eyes pinned down to his. "i did, he looked so ugly!", "i wonder if i'd laugh the same if it was my kid, you know?", i wonder out loud, looking back at the kid that got up and was now crying while running to it's parents.
"probably. i mean, i would. god, we'd be the worst parents ever.", he grinned, biting into his cone as i nodded with a grin on my face. "definitely jokingly mean but we'd be cool so that makes up for it."
"you're so right", he finished up his ice-cream looking at my only half eaten one in my right hand.
"just take it", i smiled at the look on his face, giving it to him. "yes!", he lifted his left fist into the air. "thank you!", making him look like a little kid himself. "you're such an idiot. but a cute one."

"but you're at least double as cute as i am.", he smiles. "and only half as idiotic as well!", i add with a small grin on my face. "yeah, fair enough", he finished up my cone of ice-cream as well, laughing light hearted.

"do you ever want to have kids?", he asked suddenly, watching some children play with a ball on the lawn in front of us, making me look up at him.
"i mean, i don't know. i've always liked kids but i don't think i'd ever want to actually have my own.", i spoke my thoughts out aloud. "what about you?"
"i totally get you", he answered. "it'd be so cute but you'd have them for about twenty years with no breaks, no private life, no freedom or money and it's way too much stress and responsibilities. i don't think i want them either.", he smiled down at me, his arm finding its way around my body for his hand to have a grip on my waist. it wasn't as soft and gentle as usually but more tight and possessive.

"i do want more cat's though.", i make sure to let him know. "some that actually like me at least"
"grey just has to adjust to you, ya know, you're going to become friends eventually!", he laughed at my comment, making me feel better about it in an instant. "and i also wanna get to know more details about you."
he smiled at that. "go on, miss"

"what's your favorite word?", i asked, proceeding. "probably eager", he answered. "i expected everything but that.", i laughed. "why eager?"
"i don't know uhh, it leaves the lips smoothly, has two e's in it aaand it sounds eloquent. yours?"
"mine's silly", i grin. "cause that's what you are."

"do you have a middle name?", he went as it was his turn. "ugh.", i went. "yeah but it's hideous."
"tell me!", he turned to me a little more. "no"
"pleeeaaase", his puppy eyes lit up in joy. "some day."

"sunrise or sunset?"
"sunset", he answered. "it shows that in the end life's still beautiful, no matter how hard or shitty your day was. and the colors are way more beautiful."
"wow", i let out a small giggle. "nice way to look at it"

"okay okay, my turn.", his free hand went to pick up a flower from the ground right below us. "what's your favorite flower?" what he chose was a good one. flowers were always a nice topic. "that would be pansies. they're cute, beautiful and smell good, just like you." his smile got wider. "you're such a charmer!", he laughed. "what do i smell like then?"

"safety and home.", my answer was straight forward, not hesitating for even a second. his eyes went to search for mine, looking as magnificent as ever, radiating endearment.
"can i call you baby?" his voice soft and pleasant as i nod with warmth in my smile.
"you can. i'll worship every time you do."

"i love you, baby."