twenty

when we were finally able to do the dance karl forced us to make a tiktok with him, just for us in private.
nick agreed happily while i wasn't sure at first but their puppy eyes got me in the end, so that's what we did. we now sat on the couch letting our bodies cool down a little.

"that was actually cool, how did u come up with learning a dance from tiktok?", karl laughed.
"we we're just scrolling and thought it'd be funny", nick answered.

"once you face revealed i'll post that.", karl stated, seeming happy. "i don't plan on-", i start but get interrupted immediately. "you will eventually", nick laughs. "when u get seen with us or something happens you might want to or at least be seen rarely!", karl adds, making me sight.

"alright", my throat hurts a little. "any plans for today?", i ask, turning towards them.

"nick and i are busy today by the way, i hope that isn't a problem for you", karl smiled at me softly. "oh no, it's alright!", i smile back in an instant.
besides the fact that i'd never want to make them feel bad or guilty or anything it really wasn't a problem for me. i liked being alone.
and i felt bad for being around them the whole time anyway, they don't meet often and should enjoy their time together alone, even though they said my company just made it better and i didn't interrupt or crash anything, i wasn't too sure about it.

nick turned to karl and gave him a look of confusion, a look he had on his face very often, i noticed.
"what? what are we doing? why didn't i know?"
karl looked at him for a second before going "oh, uhm. you'll see, i will tell you, now let's get ready" and then grinned slightly as they both got up and went to karl's bedroom.

so i had a full free day to plan today.
i wanna use it to work and go out taking polaroids, i haven't done that in quite some time and i really love polaroids and their aesthetic.
i also want to go to the bookstore and thrift, that sounds like a great plan for the day.
.
.
.
karl's pov
.
.
.
"what are we doing?", nick asked as we got dressed.
"i'll tell you outside, hurry", i grabbed my wallet and phone and put them into my pocket. "okay let's go"

we step outside and breathe in the warm spring air that. blows into our faces. "ash's birthday is next week", i finally explain to nick, making his head turn.
"ohh, that's why the secrets, i get it! so, what's the plan?"

"getting presents, i reached out to her best friend who told me what she likes and then plan a nice day. we're also gonna bake her a birthday cake!"
"oh god why can't we buy one?"
"oh shut up!", i grin.

"wait, how do you have her friends number?"
"you know how we met? she meant to text liv but didn't focus and put our area code so i just tried to text every one with my number but every area code i could find an 'hi are you liv?' and it worked!", i smiled proudly.
"how long did that take you??"

"just like two hours actually, it's fine. so she likes books and clothes and obviously photography, she's also a fan of music. any ideas?"

"uhm, maybe..", you could see him think. "what abooout books, clothes and a new sd card for her camera? a bigger one?"

"yeah sounds good, let's go!"