29

The ride after that was silent. Zee was no longer afraid that Michael had changed his mind about punishing her but she was afraid of him in general. He probably was worse than Lemuel and she would have to be careful around him.

He ended up pulling the car into a Mall and nosing it before a designers shop before killing the engine.

"There was a bit of delay with the shipment, hence I couldn't bring it with me but I was told it's here now." he informed her.

"Okay."

"You can let yourself out." He said as he exited the car. She reached for the door handle and let herself out of the car. She stood by her side of the door, straightening her skirt.

"Come over here." He said, already walking over to her side. He took her hand in his and led her to the boutique which spotted a few customers inside.

The attendant saw them and pulled a package from her drawer. Then she smiled at them. She was fat, still managed to look around twenty-five or less and had an air of friendliness about her. It was easy to feel at home around her. Zee briefly wondered if she was generally like that or if she was just good at customer care. "Here it is, Sir. We are so sorry about the delay."

She smiled at Zee who ignored her. Zee couldn't stand fat people. To her, it was their fault for being lazy with exercise. The young woman's face registered embarrassment and she faced Michael who had observed the exchange. Zee was getting on his nerves already.

"If it suits her perfectly, then I can say that I understand." He responded.

"I assure you that our designs whether customized or not, always fit as long as the measurements are in order."

"Great. Please have her try it on. But I don't want to see her in it, okay? If it suits, wrap it up for the taking."

"I understand, Sir. No problem at all." The attendant replied and looked at Zee. "This way, please." She said excitedly.

Zee's coldness didn't seem to bother her much. One would think that the dress was for her, Zee thought with some amusement. She shouldn't be feeling any sort of amusement but it was hard. The attendant was that good. Zee guessed she ought to be grateful to her for reducing her current unhappy mood. She just didn't like her, though.

Michael settled down on a long couch there and opened up a magazine as a male attendant emerged from a glass partition and replaced the attendant who had left with Zee.

Zee's attendant led her to a private dressing room, unwrapped the package and handed a zipped shopping bag to her. "I'll be outside the door if you need help. Just press the socket on the wall. It's a bell."

"Okay. Thank you."

"You're a lucky girl. Your man is not only caring but hot as well." The attendant said, smiling at her.

Zee frowned at her. What did she know about their relationship? "Has anyone ever told you that you're very annoying?"

The smile left the attendant's face and she took a step back. "Do you want me to stay here and help you with the dress?"

"Do whatever you want." Zee said flippantly and proceeded to unpack the dress packaging.

Michael tapped his finger impatiently on the page of the fashion magazine he was using to while away time as he waited for Zee.

The proximity of the changing rooms and the thin barriers that gave them privacy did nothing to keep their occupants' discussions private. Hence, he could hear Zee's exchange with the attendant and he was far from pleased.