11 | I'm Here

______________

Kiss Me by Music Travel Love

"So, kiss me."

______________

2016

__________

Y/N watched the sunset over the mountains; she played with her locket as her blue tooth speaker played some of her favourite songs. Her long, naturally curly hair was out as she sat outside Owen's new cabin bungalow he was building.

After Jurassic World closed due to the Indominus Rex attack. Y/N packed up her A-frame house and moved back into the Lockwood manor, being back home with her father, Iris and Maise. She also did visit Claire and the boys in that time. But she did stay part-time whenever she wasn't busy with family, or work, to be with Owen.

Owen didn't have anything too crazy in his life either, so he focused on Y/N and getting this house done. Which he was taking his sweet time doing, Y/N knew he could've been done, but she just thought he wasn't to take his time. All Owen wanted was to stay in that tiny trailer with her; it was cozy, and he always had her close; he wanted to treasure that as long as he could.

Y/N stood up and walked over to the ladder that lay against the house, "Owen, come on, you've been hammering the same beam for-" she looked down at her watch, "43 minutes."

The man sighed as he tried to get the beam in place, "I'm almost done."

"That's the seventh time you've said that," she giggled. "Come on, have a cold beer and watch the sunset with me, Hot Stuff."

"Okay," he sighed, coming down. He grabbed her by the waist and they walked together to the blanket on the grass.

The two sat, drinking their beer as they watched the sky fill with beautiful pinks and yellows.

"Okay, I have a game. A bit random, but it will be fun," the woman looked over at the man, who looked over at her, "21 questions."

"Fine, you go first," he smiled as he sipped his beer.

"Do you think I should have taken that job offer by that Smith guy?"

"God no," Owen laughed, "his suit was so tight it was probably constricting his brian."

"That sounds about right," the woman laughed, thinking about the fake million air that wanted her to work for him.

Owen looked at the woman as they laid watching the sunset, "will you ever tell me more about your sister, or your family?"

"I don't see you talking about yours," she threw the question back, as she has been doing the past year. Her sisters name was Charlotte Margo Lockwood, and ever since Y/N was a baby, she always looked up to her sister; she was 19 years older when the Lockwoods adopted her, and Charlottle took the monthly figure and sister role. She was everything to her baby sister, so when she died at 37, and left Y/N behind at 18. The girl threw herself into her studies and a part of her left forever, with Charlotte. But over time Y/N saw how that piece was replenished with Maisie.

"Touché," he shrugged, knowing he shouldn't push.

"Did you really like me once you met me?"

Owen laughed out loud, "you've been waiting for the perfect time to drop that bomb over the year, haven't you?"

"Oh- yeah, Hot Stuff," she winked.

"Well," Owen sighed, looking off, "I did. I do... I saw this smart, beautiful badass, and all I wanted was her to be mine. And eventually, I got that wish."

"Yea, ya did," she kissed his cheek as he winked at her.

"Did you actually get a paramedic, animal communications, and professional animal behaviourist paleontology degree before you were 18?"

"Yeah, I got the two other degrees before 18, but on the island, it got a bit boring the first few years. So, I was by Charlottles side as she did her research, and I studied online. And after she died, I got my paramedic degree and farthered my studies," Y/N nodded; she did that to hide away the pain.

"You got bored surrounded by dinosaurs? Of course, you did," Owen rolled his eyes.

"Hey-"

"Hey-" Owen blocked the woman's elbow, "not again," he laughed, "plus, you probably got bored because I wasn't there, right?"

"Well, of course," she winked. "And I got the paramedic degree online."

"I'm dating a genius."

"Yes, you are."

"A humble one too."

"Yea, I am."

"Hmm," he smiled, moving closer and kissing the woman.

"Owen," she sighed into the kiss.

"Come on," he smirked, picking her up and walking to the trailer.

"Again?"

"Uh- yes, have you seen my gorgeous girlfriend!?"

"Well, when you put it that way," she giggled as she held onto him.

"Is that a yes?"

"Yes," she smiled and kissed him again, "I love you."

"I love you too," Owen grinned, giving the woman a loving kiss. He threw her on the bed, making her sequel as he then climbed on top of her. He looked down in her eyes, smiling at her, "you're amazing."

"You're pretty amazing too," she smiled, her hands going through his hair.

Owen smiled down at her and kissed her softly, his hands finding her hips as Y/N's hands went in his hair; her legs wrapping around him.

𓆈

Y/N laid on the bed, a sheet over her as she looked out the window, up at all the stars. Her brain ran a mile a minute, like usual.

She wanted to tell Owen all about her biggest secret. Her niece, the girl that's like her daughter. Yet, the guilt and so much more of the whole situation was eating at her. She couldn't live with herself if Maise was taken away, what she would go through, the tests. She'd be all alone. Y/N would never live with herself; she couldn't. Plus, she promised Charlottle to keep her safe, and keeping this secret would do that.

Owen smiled down at the woman as he came over and wrapped his arms around her frame, coming to spoon her from behind.

"You're doing the thing again," he said, eyes closed since he was half asleep.

Y/N scrunched her brows together and whispered, "what thing?"

"Your brain won't shut off."

"It's not my fault."

"Hmm, agree to disagree," he chuckled in this husky voice, "what's going on?"

"In just thinking about family stuff, it's not the easiest thing."

"Family is never easy."

"You know your telling the adopted one with two crazy birth parents, whose adoptive mother, then sister died. And who is the daughter to the very old adoptive father aka, Mr. Lockwood."

"Touché," he said, pulling her closer. "If you ever want to talk about it, I'm here. And if you don't, I'm here for that too."

"Thank you," she sighed happily, turning in his arms to cuddle into them.

Owen let out a happy sigh as he then went off to sleep.

Y/N was more relaxed, but she still worried that if she couldn't be honest with Owen about Maisie. What would that mean for their relationship? What would it do to them in the long run?