23 | Taken

______________

Slipping Through My Fingers by Ethan Hodges

"Slipping through my fingers all the time, I try to capture every minute, a feeling in

"Slipping through my fingers all the time, I try to capture every minute, a feeling in."

______________

2022
__________

Y/N stood inside with Claire as Owen was fixing his bike outside and Maisie was with him.

"So, you're serious about the whole baby thing?"

"Yeah," she chuckled, "honestly, can't believe it either, but..." She stopped what she was doing and looked at Claire, "it's with Owen. I've loved him for year's, and we are married." She smiled at her words, "and if anything goes as plan, we'd be back in the manor by then, and have more than enough room for babies to run around, and Maisie could be back home." She smiled, "I felt like she was slipping through my fingers, but now. Now, we will be okay. We are."

"Is he okay with that?"

"He said he wanted babies."

"No, not that," Claire shook her head, "with living in the manor?"

"I dont see why not, it's our home after all." Y/N nodded and stopped for a second, "it was Maisie's and my home. This is his home."

"Yeah, sorry, I dont mean to act all therapisty."

"No, having a therapist is great. But I just dont like how you've been right about too many things this week," she smirked. But then looked out the window when she head many roars, "Maisie." Her face dropped, "stay here Claire," she yelled and ran outside as Claire watched from the window.

Y/N and Owen stood beside Maisie as he held his arms out, "Maisie, don't move." He nodded and looked at his old raptor, Blue. "Hey, girl, staying out of trouble?" Blue then roared at him again, as her baby raptor went behind her.

"She had a baby," Maisie raised a brow, "that's impossible."

Y/N joined their sides, and looked over to her right, when another Raptor came out of the forest when she ran into the fight. "Tasi?" She grinned, but that faded quickly when he was mad, and joined Blue's side, "it's not impossible, it's their baby."

Blue then roared again, as Owen pointed at her, "back up."

"They wouldn't hurt us, right?"

"Oh, you're damn right she will."

"Owen's right," Y/N nodded as she held her hands up, "Tasi and Blue are protecting their baby. Just stay calm and breathe, if you dont they'll think you're scared."

"I am scared."

"Nah, she doesn't need to know that," Owen shook his head.

"Tasi, go home." Y/N stared into her Raptors eyes as he eased off, and sniffed her, then ran into the forest with his family.