[>13]

~

A/n: Things are starting to get a bit tense if you ask me...

~

The four contestants sigh as the object exits.

"That was close," Suitcase whispers, her voice shaking. Lightbulb and Baseball were too frightened to give any sort of reply. Knife only contributed a small nod.

"I think this is the control room," Baseball says, "But I don't think anyone here knows how to deactivate those MePhones."

"Now what?" Baseball, Suitcase, and Lightbulb all glance towards Knife. Knife sighs and shrugs.

"Look, I don't know. All I know is that we have to do this as quickly as we can. For all we know, MePhone was probably found by those MePhones. I still don't understand why those MePhones would attack our MePhone though... Something doesn't add up."

"Well, then," Baseball says, "What do you suggest?"

"Our best chance may be to confront Cobs," Knife says, "Maybe those MePhones went rogue?"

"That's unlikely," Baseball says, "Besides, did you not notice how scared MePhone looked when we talked about Cobs?"

"Wait... What if Cobs is trying to hurt MePhone?!" Suitcase exclaims, "Maybe that's why he was so distressed whenever he was mentioned!"

"Didn't Cobs say that it was just for show, though?" Lightbulb says. The other three contestants pause.

"Something really doesn't add up... I think we might need to scope this place out a bit," Knife suggests.

"I think staying here is the best idea," Baseball interjects, "After all, this is the control room!"

"Yeah, but we won't be able to control anything unless we finish this mess up!"

Knife and Baseball start to argue back and forth.

"Uhmga, I have an idea! What if two of us stay here, and the other two map this place out?"

"...That's actually not a bad idea, Lightbulb."

~

"This place is giving me a baddd vibe," Lightbulb says. Knife doesn't respond to this and continues moving onward.

"I didn't notice this room before," Knife says suddenly, halting in his tracks. A large metal door with the trademark Meeple logo stood before the two objects.

"Uhmga, it seems that it's password guarded, though... I'm curious what could be in this secret room!"

"Me too... What if this is the room that controls the MePhones? Then what?"

"Hmm, well... I can try this!" Lightbulb's fingers burst in electricity, making a small cackling sound. She places her hand onto the keypad. The keypad glitches, turning the display green. Access granted, it read.

"...Not bad."

The two objects enter the dark room, carefully observing their surroundings (well, Lightbulb not so much). Knife kept a straight face the whole time, not wanting to lose his reputation as the jerk contestant.

"It's... It's all we have!" A scratchy radio noise.

Both Knife and Lightbulb jump. "W-Who's there?" Lightbulb whispers, chuckling fearfully, "T-Testy? P-Painty?"

Dead silence. Knife gulps and walks forward. All that was in sight was an old and cracked MePhone.

"Wow... Someone must've been aggressive with that thing." Lightbulb shudders. Knife sighs and walks over. "Oh, it's just an old phone. I guess there's really nothing useful in here after all-!"

Lightbulb places her hand over Knife's mouth. "K-Knife, not to alarm you b-but..." Lightbulb's eyes were wide with fear as she backed a few steps away.

"T-That old phone... I-It moved..."

Knife turns around slowly, eyes widening in horror as two black LED eyes appeared on its screen.

"W-What the..."

"P-Please...," it whispers, "D-Don't."

"Lightbulb, let's get out of here before someone finds us," Knife says, grabbing Lightbulb's wrist. They quicken their pace before sprinting out of the mysterious room, the door slamming shut behind them.

~

"I hate being armless," Baseball grumbles. He struggles to hop onto a chair.

"Do... Do you think the others are okay?" Suitcase whispers. She cowers back under the desk.

"I hope so... On a different note, though, I'm really curious about MePhone's relationship with Cobs."

"I think MePhone is scared of Cobs," Suitcase exclaims, "After all, he looked so frightened when we saw the alien ship!"

"That's true..."

Then, an alarm blared. The two objects hop back underneath the table.

"The left wing of Meeple Headquarters has a broken cell! All staff and personnel, please remain calm as Meeple Headquarters goes into lockdown. All MePhones, please report any unidentified persons!"

"Broken cell?" Suitcase whispers, "Oh god... Lightbulb and Knife must have gotten into trouble!"

"We've got to look for them," Baseball whispers, "Besides, we don't have any idea how to work these controls at the moment." The two objects make sure the coast is clear before dashing out of the control room, in search of Lightbulb and Knife.

~