[>19]

~

MePad

~

"I cannot- No, I won't believe it. How could it possibly escape— it was so close to being destroyed!" I watched my maker rant on and on. His fists were clenched, eyes blazing with fury. My system felt uneasy.

"And, you," he hisses, pointing a shaky finger at me, "You dared to hesitate."

"S-Sir, I'm... I'm terribly sorry..."

"Sorry? Sorry?!" His figure walks closer to me until I'm pinned to the wall behind us. "If you ever dare to hesitate again, it'll be your end. Do you understand me?!"

I can't move. I. Can't. Move. A foreign emotion filled me as I stood there, my small body trembling. What was this feeling? Why did I feel sick?

"Well?!"

"Y-Yes, sir, I understand!" I manage to squeak out.

"Good. Now to locate the MePhone and the traitor."

Something was familiar about the 'traitor', but I didn't understand why. Had we met before? I was almost positive we had, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Hopefully it'll come back to me.

"Aha!" He exclaims, "MePad, I need you to run your teleportation app."

"Right away, sir." He uses his finger to scroll through the app. I felt slightly uncomfortable because of his actions, but ignored it.

"Luckily for me," he says, "MePhone4 isn't advanced enough to teleport or to fly. He'll be easy to catch. MePad, I want you to teleport to MePhone4. You'll be within his proximity, but I can't assure you that he'll be within sight right when you teleport."

"A-Alright, sir. Would you like to come along with me?" He glares at me and says, "What kind of question is that? I need to work on the next meepleos update. Make sure you don't fail me this time, understand?" I nod and whisper, "Yes sir."

~

An hour before.

"Please, MePad," it whispered, "D-Don't."

At that moment, I felt something. An immense feeling of fear and sadness. It was almost like my mind was screaming don't do this. I cast my maker a small gaze, hoping that he'd change his mind and that I wouldn't have to kill the MePhone4.

It scoffs and says, "Blast him, MePad."

"I-I'm sorry," I whisper, "But Cobs is my maker. Whatever he wishes, I shall fulfill."

Its eyes held a look of betrayal. My chest felt tighter as I pointed the weapon towards its screen. I close my eyes and fire the laser. It hits its screen point-blank. It stumbles backwards, momentarily losing balance.

"Again!" I fire once more. It stumbles back further, accidentally tripping over the ledge of the stream. Its screen turns completely black.

"No!" A voice shouts. My maker and I both turn around. An object that was shaped as a Toilet dived over the ledge and grabbed the MePhone4, milliseconds before it would've fell into the water. My maker stood there in shock. "You! How did you escape?!"

Toilet had MePhone4 on top of his head. He looked at both my maker and I.

"You will not hurt MistaPhone! I already lost M-MePad... I can't lose him too!"

What? I turned to my creator. His face was expressionless.

I open my mouth to ask him, but Toilet had already floated away. Cobs stood there idly for a moment. "That darn Toilet..."

"S-Sir?" I ask, as we walked away from the scene, "W-What... What did it mean? What did it mean by... Losing me? I have no recollection of it..."

"...It was probably talking about a different MePad," he replies, repositioning his glasses, "Now, let's round up the rest of the MePhones."

~

Current time.

I open my eyes, only to find myself in an oddly dark room. MePhone4 is here?

It's got to be here! My creator wouldn't send me the wrong coordinates!

I turn up my brightness and begin to walk around. The room was pitch black, my purple display being the only source of light.

"H-Hello? MePhone4?" I walk around the room, looking under desks and inside of drawers. Being a Meeple product had many perks— being able to hide inside the narrowest of spaces, such as a drawer or between books. This made searching for a lost Meeple product extremely difficult.

I accidentally bump into a small box, tripping and landing face-first. I groan and use my legs to push myself up. My screen glitches a bit. Oh goodness, I just cracked my left side.

I cringe slightly at the burning sensation but continue through my search. I suddenly spot a large file cabinet that had a glowing-blue light illuminating from the inside.

Wait, a glowing-blue display! MePhone4!

I quietly congratulate myself. Now, to find something to open this...

Wait, I can teleport!

I close my eyes and focus on teleporting inside of the cabinet. Moments later, I found myself inside. The glowing-blue light was poorly covered by haphazardly thrown post-it notes. I use my foot to gently push the small pieces of paper aside.

"MePhone4, I must ask you to-!"

Wait. That isn't MePhone. What is this...?

A small crystal was about a foot away. I curiosity walk closer, staring at the inanimate object.

"W-Wow... I wonder what this is doing here. Maybe it belongs to the MePhone4?" I gently tap the object with my foot.

Suddenly, a weird sensation washes over me. My internal sensors were going off, screaming to me that this object was foreign. Moments later, my surroundings blur. I start to lose my balance. I end up falling backwards before everything goes black.

~