[>15]

~

The alarm blared. His ears rang as he charged through the corridor, mind focused on escaping the cursed facility.

Despite the MePhones being fairly new technology, they were stupid enough to be bypassed by a single click. He knew he didn't have much time before Cobs caught on; after all, the alarms were blaring. He pushes and shoves past all of the cursed pieces of technology.

It all started about an hour before his escape. He actually never planned to escape the facility; it happened by chance. He found a loophole and took it. It was as simple as that.

"I hate the corn man... He's out to hurt MistaPhone! He even changed MePad..." The last sentence brought tears to his eyes. He cared about his partner, MePad. MePad was the only person that understood him and respected him. After the confrontation they had, he thought of MePad as a good friend of his. Sure, he loved MePhone and all, but MePad was just... Different. MePad was a true friend of his. Someone he knew would have his back, always.

Toilet shoves past the last of the MePhone8s (all of the MePhoneXs weren't present in the facility— they were currently searching for MePhone) and dives out of the facility. The ability of flight was quite useful in this situation, to say for the least.

Then, he paused midair. Is this what I really want...? After all, MistaPhone hates me... What if I mess things up again? He shakes away these thoughts. He needs my help. What kind of co-host would I be if I didn't save him?

And... MePad! He needs my help too! Unless... Well, I hope he's snapped out of it by now...

Toilet lands delicately on the ground, quickly checking his surroundings before hopping around a bit. He notices a small metal box.

"Wait... That's the thing the red MistaPhone used before he attacked me!" Toilet investigates his surroundings further.

"There's something burning... In the forest? Oh goodness, what if MistaPhone is in trouble?!"

Without anymore thought, Toilet hops into the forest, in search of MePhone.

~

The sound of the alarm was almost deafening to both Suitcase and Baseball. They searched frantically for the other two contestants.

"Knife?!" Suitcase shouts, "Are you here?"

"Lightbulb?!" Baseball shouts, "If you guys can hear us, come here!"

"Find the captive," Cobs shouts, "Now!"

"Yes, sir!" The MePhone8s reply mindlessly, walking off to find Toilet. Suitcase and Baseball dive into the nearest room and hide behind a stack of conveniently-placed crates.

"Was that Cobs?!" Baseball whisper-shouts. Suitcase nods quickly and says, "We need to get out of here, now!"

"But... What about Lightbulb and Knife?!" Baseball exclaims, "For all we know, they could be the ones that escaped from the cell!"

Suitcase bites her lip, a look of regret painted across her cheeks. "I know... But, if we don't leave now, we might never get the chance to! You heard the alarm, right? This place is going into lockdown. If we can escape before all of the exits are barricaded, then..."

"...Then we'll be safe..." Suitcase nods.

"I'm going to send Lightbulb a text, just in case," Baseball says, using his left foot to pull out his phone. Suitcase nods and says, "Then I'll text Knife."

~

"They want to leave without us?!" Knife exclaims, "This is just great!"

Lightbulb frowns. "Look, Knife, if they don't leave now, they might get trapped in here like us. We wouldn't want that, right...?"

Knife sighs, shaking his head and cowering back below the table they were hiding under. "I know, but... What if MePhone gives them immunity? I mean, look how far we've come! We can't lose to them!" Lightbulb sits quietly, listening to Knife rant on.

Once Knife had finished, Lightbulb uses her chance to pull out the laser gun Knife had given her earlier. "What if we use this to blast through the doors? Uhmga?"

Knife's eyes widen as he facepalms. "Why didn't I think of that before? Ugh..."

Lightbulb chuckles softly, handing the gun to Knife. Knife hops behind the doorframe, looking outside of the room before giving her the signal to move. The two objects run side by side, in search of an exit.

"There!" Lightbulb shouts, "Use the thingamabob to clear an exit for us!" Knife nods without protest, clicking the trigger of the gun. The two charge for the exit... Only to realize it was a dead end moments later. There was no platform; only the ground that was thousands of feet down.

"Intruders!" A MePhone8 shouts, "Stop right there!"

"Uhmga, Knife! I have a bright idea!"

"Oh yeah? Well, out with it already!" The MePhone8 starts to march closer, along with a few more MePhone8s. Lightbulb quickly whispers her plan to Knife.

"Are... Are you insane?!" Knife whisper-shouts, "Lightbulb, that's a stupid idea-!"

"Knife." Surprised by the authority in Lightbulb's voice, he turns his head towards her. "What?"

"I promise you, it'll work. Trust me, okay?"

Knife pauses for a moment before nodding. "Fine, alright, I trust you. But if either of us die, it's on you." Lightbulb nods and dashes past the MePhone8s, leaving Knife behind.

"Alright, Taco," Knife whispers, "Let's see what this thing can really do."

~

A/n: Quick announcement! I'm taking a small break from daily updates... A new chapter will be out Monday or Tuesday. Luvv you guys! <3