twenty five: kidnapping

Yunhyo's eyes ran over the text that flashed over her phone screen and she heard a thud against her window. 

She stayed in her seat, absolutely stunned as another thud followed. 

She ran to open the window before the sound could alert her hopefully asleep parents. 

"Hi there, m'lady." Jake smirked as he stood leaning over her fence. 

Yunhyo just blinked for a couple seconds, thinking he'd disappear if she cleared her eyesight. 

Jake, her friend Jake, stood outside her door at 12 am, asking for her to sneak out and go get icecream as she watched him from her first floor window. 

"Are you fucking out of your mind, Jake? Skipping school is okay for once but I'm not sneaking out of my own house. Nope, never. If my parents find out I'm missing, you'll never see my face ever again." she whisper yelled. 

Jake just laughed at her, "I won't go home until you get downstairs."

"Cool." she said, shutting the windows and the curtains. 

She went to her vanity table to brush her hair and then went to bed. She spent almost an hour scrolling through her phone until her eyes became droopy. 

She put her phone aside and closed her eyes until she remembered...

Jake.

She sprang up from the bed with a gasp and ran to her window. Knowing Jake, it was possible he would pull something like this. 

And indeed he stood there, in the same position that he was in even an hour ago and smiled up at Yunhyo. 

Yunhyo wanted to cry.

Was he crazy? Why would he stand there for an hour? That too in this cold. She wanted to yell at him for being so stupid. 

"Jake... oh what do I do now?" she said to herself as she took deep breaths to calm down.

"So... you coming down yet?" 

Yunhyo's heart thundered in her chest as she slipped out of the main door without a sound. She walked up to Jake and dragged him far away from her house without saying anything. 

She only stopped when she knew no one would hear them there. 

"Jake, stop being like this! You are going to get in huge trouble one day. See? I came. Now go back home please, no shops will be open anyways. I'll see you tomorrow." she sounded very distressed. 

But again Jake only giggled in response. 

He pulled her forward by her hand and then bent down to swiftly throw her over his shoulder. He started running through the dark street. 

It took a long while for Yunhyo to digest the situation. She was on Jake's back, hanging upside down, it was past 1 am, Jake was running. 

The first thought that came to her mind was that she was being kidnapped.

She made up her mind to yell for help but as soon as she opened her mouth, Jake came to a halt and put her down. 

"T-ta - da!" he weakly pointed to the open icecream parlour and doubled over gasping for a breath. 

"Jake I'm going to kill you!" Yunhyo ran over to him and started hitting him however as she could as some tears formed in her eyes. 

"Ow! Hey, calm down." Jake managed to hold her hands to stop the constant hitting and pulled her into a tight hug. 

She latched onto him, clutching his shirt tight as he slowly patted her back. 

"Did I scare you?" he asked. 

"Very much." she yelled in frustration as she pushed him away and kicked him in the shin. 

"Okay I'm sorry! No more violence please," he laughed. Was he ever serious in his life? 

Yunhyo wrapped her hands around herself and walked towards the small icecream shop.