fourty four: give up

It happened. The unforeseen, the impossible, finally happened. 

If you had told Yunhyo a few months ago that her crush of two years, the ice prince, the heartthrob, the Park Sunghoon had asked her out on a date, she would faint on spot. 

But now, she didn't really like the idea of it. 

She still agreed to him, oh how could she say no; they were meeting at this fancy restaurent this weekend and Sunghoon said he wanted to tell her something. 

The news spread throughout the school like fire. 

"Jake hyung? Jake hyung!!" Riki ran inside the empty classroom where the older was sitting. "Did you hear it? Park Sunghoon asked Yunhyo on a date and I think he's gonna confess to her." 

Jake silently rose his head up from the desk as Riki saw dried tears on his cheeks. 

"Hyungie..." He sat down on the chair infront of him and gently cupped Jake's cheeks, "Hey, what happened?" 

"I... I just miss her a lot." Jake bit his lower lip to stop the tears that were threatning to fall again. 

Riki's heart broke in two seeing him like that. He stood up with his eyebrows furrowed and both hands forming a fist, "We will bring her back, no matter what. You had feelings for her first. That tall bitch was oblivious for two years.He lost his chance, it's now your turn to shine." 

"No Riki, we can't force her to like me. I like her, so what? She likes Sunghoon and Sunghoon likes her. The end." Jake whispered. 

"And what if she doesn't?" Riki leaned forward with desperation in his eyes, "What if she doesn't like him and likes you? Are you going to give up?" 

Jake stared at his lap, not being able to answer him. 

"Hyung!" Riki exclaimed as he got out from the desks and walked over to the empty area at the front. "Don't you know what they say?" he asked while striking a pose.

"Never gonna give-you-up, never gonna let-you-down!" he started breakdancing, making Jake giggle till he lost his breath.