fourty six: a punch on the face

Yunhyo stared at herself through the mirror and sighed, straightening the creases on her new dress. She had accidentally told her mother about her date with Sunghoon and out of excitement her mother had bought her a dress for the date. 

She looked at the clock and gathered her things. She had promised to meet Sunghoon for lunch at 12 at the address he sent. 

Bidding her mom goodbye, she got inside the taxi and half heartedly scrolled through her phone. She messaged on the groupchat saying she was heading to the restaurent. Her friends replied to her saying things like "don't be nervous", "all the best, you're gonna do nice" and "tell us if you need anything". 

She smiled at her phone. 

As she got down from the taxi and walked inside, she was getting a weird feeling. Everything around her seemed odd. 

Maybe it was because she was also extremely nervous. Afterall, she was going to meet her crush of two years. 

She saw Sunghoon waiting for her at the entrance and she waved at him. 

He wore coffee coloured formal pants and a beige shirt, which matched with Yunhyo's soft pastel dress, making it seem like they were wearing couple outfits. 

He pulled out the chair for her and after her, he took his seat. 

As Yunhyo skimmed through the menu, she felt eyes on her. She looked up only to see Sunghoon smiling at her softly.

"What?" she asked, blood rushing to her cheeks. 

"Nothing. I'm just trying to make myself believe you're sitting here infront of me." he smiled widely. 

"Oh... Y-you look good today. I mean! You look good everyday. Wait no!" Yunhyo fumbled over her words, panicking over what she blurted out. 

Sunghoon just chuckled at her, leading with endless minutes of silence. 

Their food arrived after a while and they were eating while talking about a lot of things. You could say it was not as bad as Yunhyo had thought. 

Afterall, Sunghoon is a nice guy. He's modest, elegant and a gentleman; ofcourse he took care of her well. 

Yunhyo looked up, feeling eyes on her once again. But this time it wasn't Sunghoon. 

She couldn't shake off the eery feeling that someone was staring at her. She kept looking around her from time to time.

Their desserts arrived and Sunghoon took her hand in his, clearing his throat. The sudden touch startled Yunhyo but she calmed down and shifted all her attention to him.

"I have been so stupid to not have paid attention to you this whole time... I've never really had any friends because I had to travel for my ice skating competitions but you were right here this whole time. You were here and I never paid attention to you because I thought I could never return to you and that you'll end up remaining as a memory to me. But I've realised that I've been a fool and I've wasted my time. I don't want to do it anymore and so may I ask you this...." 

Yunhyo hummed at him as reply in a daze, not understanding why he suddenly started a monologue but also enjoying it a lot.

Because who are you kidding? I'd faint on the spot if Park Sunghoon held my hand, looked me in the eye and sincerely delievered a speech calling himself a fool.  

"Throughout our past encounters and meetings, I've come to the realisation that I indeed have fallen for you and-" 

Yunhyo's eyes widened as her heart started beating like a drum, not to ignore she was feeling sick to the gut. 

"And I'd like to ask you if you want to-"

"You fucking bastard!!!" Yunhyo whipped her head to the side where the loud yell came from. 

Apparently it was a guy grabbing another guy by his collars and threatening to punch him. Everyone in the restaurent started looking at scene. As the guy turned around a bit, Yunhyo realised who they were.

"Oh my god! Heesung-ssi? Riki? What are you guys doing!?" she gasped and started going over to them.

"Hey wait! Listen to me first, I was saying something important-" Sunghoon tried to stop her.

"No! We have to stop them, they're best friends they can't hit each other." Yunhyo turned to him, "Please stop them sunbae..."

"Only if you call me by my name." Sunghoon folded his arms over his chest.

"Now is not the time-"

Riki punched Heeseung. Hard. On his face. 

Yunhyo screamed and Sunghoon ran to Riki, back hugging him to take him away from Heeseung. 

That's when Yunhyo felt a tight grip around her wrist and she started being dragged away. She looked at her front only to see Jake taking her away from the place.

She turned around to see that Sunghoon was now in Riki's grip as Heeseung and Riki were holding onto him so he could not reach her and stop her from running away. 

Among all the commotion, Yunhyo knew, that even if her heart was still beating like crazy, the sick feeling from her gut was gone. 

Jake was still holding onto her wrist and trying to pull her out of the restaurent and down the street. 

She smiled to herself as she took his hand in hers and started running too, her step falling besides his.