fifty four: put you first

Jungwon questioningly stared at the piece of paper he found in his locker that he now held between his fingers. 

Meet me behind the canteen building after school
                       -Nishimura 

This could simply be a prank just to mess with him but he wanted to believe it was true. Because he was somewhat upset with the fact that Riki had taken Sunoo out on a date just a few days ago. What if he wants him back now? 

That sounds a bit crazy though. 

Slinging his bag over his shoulders, he walked towards the cafeteria building with heavy steps. He wasn't sure what he was expecting but he did hope it was really Riki. 

Well, his hopes were crushed. 

Once he entered the empty place and saw who was there, he was about to take a step back and leave but the other person had already noticed him. 

"Jungwon-ah..." 

Sunoo realised how long it has been since he said that name out loud. 

"What are you doing here?" the former spoke.

"Uh I found some chit in my locker saying I should-"

"Wow. I can't believe somebody did... this.

With that, Jungwon turned to leave but was stopped once again. 

"Stay, please?" he heard Sunoo speak. How could he say no? 

He turned back around to see Sunoo approach him. 

"How have you been?" he asked softly as one of his hands caressed Jungwon's cheek and the other raised to push back a few strands of hair that laid on the latter's eyes. 

Jungwon's eyes trembled with immense emotions as the encounter was too overwhelming. He looked Sunoo in the eye.

"I missed you."

Those words were enough to make Sunoo smile and pull the other into a hug. 

"I did too. So much." he chuckled, inhaling a good amount scent that belonged to the shorter male.

But soon he stepped back, remembering what kind of situation they were in.

"I thought it was really going to be Riki, but I'm glad it's you."

Hearing such affectionate words from Jungwon did so much to Sunoo than Sunoo's physical touches did to Jungwon.

But what now? What happens next?

"Come with me." Jungwon said as he grabbed the other's wrist and dragged him out of school.

-

The two young boys stood outside a convience store, holding packets of snacks in the crib of their arms.

Jungwon just wanted to walk Sunoo home but they stopped by to grab a bite.

They started walking towards the direction to Sunoo's home and an awkward silence fell upon them as neither knew what to say.

"Jungwon-ah..." Sunoo hesitated but continued once he felt the said male squeeze his hand in assurance, "I truly missed you. You know I can't live without you right?" He sadly chuckled and Jungwon smiled back at him.

"I want to go back to what we were. It's hard, I know, but I will do my best. I have a solution- well more like an agreement, but when we are together, let's not mention Riki at all okay? I promise I will be happy if he ends up choosing you but I want you to be my priority." he said, now halting his walk to look at Jungwon.

"Sunoo-yah... I promise to not bring Riki between us at any cost. I too will be happy if he chooses you. I know we are not giving up on him but I put you first."

They both smiled at each other sweetly and continued their walk home.