Coffee || Xiao x reader

Modern au

You work in a coffee shop

________________________

"Welcome!" you exclaimed as the door opened. You worked at a popular coffee shop, but it was almost empty at this time. Your grin widened when you saw a regular walk through the door with a friend. "The usual?" you asked the braided boy.

"Yes thanks~" Venti said.

"Sure," you say, writing his name on the cup. "Anything else?" you asked, raising your eyebrows at the unfamiliar boy beside him.

"C-can I please get an almond milk latte?" a dashing boy with dark hair and amber eyes stuttered.

"Of course!" you chirped, "Name?"

"Xiao."

"Those will be ready in 5 minutes!" you say, already bustling around with their drinks. The two boys found a seat at a window and got out some textbooks.

Bf/n, who also worked at the coffee shop, raised their eyebrows as your eyes followed the green-haired boy. You knew exactly what they were thinking, and threw a spoon at their head.

"I know what you're thinking and you're wrong." you said indignantly, although you knew they could see through your lies. They laughed and walked into the break room. You rolled your eyes and saw Xiao looking at you curiously. When he saw you glance at him, he quickly looked back at his textbooks.

You felt your face heat up - did he hear your outburst earlier? You were so lost in thought that you didn't see Venti nudge Xiao and wink.

You finished making the drinks and walked over to their table, placing the drinks and two complimentary desserts on their table. Venti thanked you before kicking Xiao under the table to do the same.

You made your way to the break room and pushed open the door to see bf/n sipping tea and staring at you.

"Have you made a move yet, y/n?" they said, causing you to throw another spoon at their head. They rubbed their head and smirked at you as they saw your rosy cheeks. "Oh oh y/nnnnn you've caught feeeeeelings!"

Little did you know, something similar was happening in the next room.

"Xiaoooo I knew you would like y/n! You need to make a mov-" Xiao kicked Venti under the table, causing the braided boy to wince and clutch his shin. Venti giggled (ehe~).

"I don't even know y/n that well!" Xiao hissed. Venti passed him a paper and a pen and raised his eyebrows as you walked out of the break room.

"Thanks y/n for the drink! I have to catch a bus now so I must run!" Venti shouted as he ran out the door, "Xiao will pay for me!" Xiao sighed and walked over to you, his heartbeat starting to quicken. He handed over the money with a quiet thanks, trying to avoid eye contact, before walking out the door.

You watched the small figure walk partway down the street before realising that he had given you a very generous tip. You smiled before seeing a small piece of paper slip from between the notes. You bit your lip as you read it, smiling widely.

"Message me xxxx-xxx-xxx"

________________________

Media link: https://pin.it/7iQCFSb

________________________

I hope you enjoyed! :D

- inging <3