Fireworks || Hu Tao x Reader

Requested by CholeT08

(Thank you for the request)

________________________

"Y/nnnnn!" you heard an excited voice from behind you. You turned around to see a familiar brunette - your closest friend. "Hey Y/n wanna hang out later?" Hu Tao asked. She leaned over the counter and peered at you with scarlet eyes. 

"Uhm... Today's going to be a busy day." You said, not wanting to let your friend down. You worked hard at Wanmin Restaurant and hardly had time to yourself. It was early morning and you were already overwhelmed with orders. "We hang out every year on Lantern Rite Festival, why would tonight be any different?"

"Oh- uh... I just wanted to make sure." The brunette turned her head so you couldn't see her red cheeks. "You've been working pretty hard, you may have wanted to sleep?" You put down your ladle and walked over to Hu Tao, placing a hand on each pf her shoulders. 

"Hey, why would I give up an opportunity to spend time with my best friend?" you asked, confused. Realising how close the two of you were standing, your face started to warm up.

"Hey Y/n! Can you help with another batch of Come and Get It?" You heard Chef Mao call. You rolled your eyes and walked back to the stove. When you turned around, Hu Tao was gone. 

________________________

"Ahh" you said as you stretched your aching arms above your head. The restaurant would be closing so the workers could take part in the festival. Rushing home, you took a warm shower before changing into clean clothes. 

"Hu Tao?" You called as you wandered through your usual meet-up spot. It was a nice place, under a tree on top of a hill, where no one else was around. "Hu Tao! If this is a prank-"

"Surprise!" Hu Tao said as she jumped on top of you from a tree. You gasped in shock, before catching her in your arms, heart thudding.

"Hu Tao! You almost gave me a heart attack!" you said, still in shock. You took a few deep breaths before realising the position you were in. 

You were holding Hu Tao bridal-style, her arms wrapped around your neck. You put her down quickly and looked away. When you turned back to Hu Tao, you almost thought you could see her red cheeks, but it was too dark to be sure. 

The lanterns started to rise from all over the city, and the crowd looked on in awe. You nor Hu Tao were looking at the beautiful lanterns, but instead at each other. Her scarlet eyes seems to glow in the lantern light, and her mouth turned up slightly.

Hu Tao leaned in a little closer and whispered, "Y/n, I've liked you for a really long ti-"

You didn't let her finish as you crashed your lips against hers. She made a shocked sound, before melting into the kiss, one hand cupping your face and the other grasping your hand tight. 

You heard fireworks burst overhead, and the two of you broke apart, pausing for a minute to stare at each other under the fireworks.

"W-will you be my-"

"Yes, Hu Tao."

Hu Tao squealed and tackled you to the ground. She pressed her forehead against yours for a moment, before kissing you again, gently and passionate.

________________________

Media Link: https://pin.it/6uUM3ZX

________________________

Did you enjoy this story?

It was quite fun to write - don't forget to request!

Have an amazing day/night!

- inging <3