Mushrooms || Tighnari x reader

hello again
TW: poisonous mushroom use 😟
________________________
"I'm home!" a cheerful voice rang through the house. You were so engrossed in your work that you hardly even registered your boyfriend's voice.

"I said, I'm home." You turned to see Tighnari leaning against the doorframe, arms crossed. He raised an eyebrow at you hunched over your alchemy book, and sighed aggressively, before spinning on his heel and walking away. 

"Babe wait!" you cried, jumping up and dashing out of the room, pouncing on him from behind and knocking him to the floor. You kissed him gently. "Welcome home."

"So now you acknowledge my existence." Tighnari joked, pulling you down into another kiss. You realised your position, pinning him down with one leg on each of his sides, and hastily got up. You guys had been dating for almost a year now and had been quite intimate before, but it was still flustering to be in such contact with him.

"I was busy," you huffed, helping Tighnari off the floor and brushing him off.

"Too busy to even greet your boyfriend when he comes home?" he teased gently, pecking you on the nose.

"Did you get the stuff I needed??" You asked, peering into his collection bag and rummaging through the contents.

"Yes, I did. And it was very difficult might I add!" He frowned jokingly with his hands on his hips. "You'd better make good use of them!"

"I will, thanks babe." You hugged him yet again and he kissed the top of your head (or your cheek for the tall folks out there)

"Pheww. It's so hot today. I think I'll go shower." Tighnari said, rubbing the back of his neck. You nodded absentmindedly while carrying your materials to your study.
________________________
"Y/n what are you even making??" Tighnari asked impatiently. It was the next day and you had been up all night trying to perfect your potion for heightened stamina.

"Shhh I'm concentrating." you whispered, tongue stuck out in thought. Tighnari stared at you, his cheek resting on his fist. You blushed slightly at his attention, but didn't let it distract you. Tighnari admired your concentration, but wished you would focus on him instead of your little potion. 

You squinted your eyes to read the last step of the potion. It required you to use a kind of mushroom that had intoxicating effects at high dosage. 

You carefully measured the correct amount, not bothering to wear a mask, as there wasn't nearly enough to make you delirious, but you forgot about Tighnari's extreme senses. He sneezed twice, but again you hardly noticed, because you were trying to mix the mushroom pieces into the potion.
________________________
Tighnari chuckled loudly, causing you to turn abruptly. He smiled drunkenly at you and blew you a little kiss. You furrowed your brows in confusion, then mentally smacked yourself for your stupidity. Of course he would be reacting to the mushroom spores in the air, since he had high senses. You began to laugh at him, and he drunkenly joined in, making you laugh harder. 

"Ohhhhh you're so incredibly beautiful Y/n did you know that?" He slurred, his eyelids drooping.

"Oh dear. We'd better get you to bed love." you said, in between laughs. You slung his arm over your shoulder and lifted him up. He was already unsteady on his feet, but he was quite light. You started up the steps, hesitating because you didn't want to fall and injure both of you. 

"You're the best Y/n I love you." your heart fluttered, cheeks growing red as you turned your head away from him. Tighnari gently grabbed your chin and turned it back towards him, pressing his lips against yours, passionately kissing you until both of you were panting. 

Tighnari wrapped his arms around your waist and leaned in for another kiss. You were more prepared this time, so it lasted longer. Your fingers trailed upwards towards the nape of his neck and gently fondled with his silky hair. When you finally parted, you were blushing so hard your skin was almost the shade of a pyro slime.

You stared at him, mesmerised by his good looks. His fair skin, his black hair, his velvety ears, and his mischievous green eyes. ...His definitely-awake-and-not-high-at-all green eyes. 

"Wait a minute-" you said, dropping your boyfriend. Unprepared, he yelped and slid down the stairs. 

"Oiiii that hurt Y/n." Tighnari whined, rubbing his tail and pouting at you. 

"You're lucky you're a pretty boy. Otherwise I would have kicked you for making me carry you this far." you said, hands on hips. Your face was still a violent shade of red, and you were slightly out of breath, so you flounced off to your room and sat on the end of the bed.

"So was my acting perfect? You totally thought I actually got high off those mushrooms, didn't you?" Tighnari smirked as he entered the room, sitting beside you and slipping an arm around your waist. 

"I guess." you said, unable to keep up with the pranks he kept pulling on you. You lay backwards and Tighnari joined you, staring at the ceiling. You lay for a couple minutes, enjoying each others company, although you were irritated by his constant pranks.

"Wait, my potion!!" you cried, running out of the room. Tighnari chuckled as he heard crashing sounds coming from your study. You stomped back a couple minutes later and plonked yourself beside him on the bed, huffing angrily. 

"Well I guess we'll just have to do this again tomorrow, right love?" Tighnari smirked at you as you buried your face in his chest. You scowled at him. 

"Aw c'mon Y/n. I'll treat you to dinner to make it up to you, alright?"
________________________

Media Link: https://pin.it/16vy6Dd
________________________

This was super random. It's 3am and I had an idea and motivation which is rare, so I just wrote it. I admire Tighnari and love how sassy he is, so naturally I assume he loves to play pranks. I will definitely regret publishing this in the morning, but I hope you enjoy this interesting story with no logic!

Happy Halloween! 🎃 👻

- inging <3