Cold || Albedo x Reader

Requested by OriigamiGhost

Thank you for the request! <3

________________________

"I wish I didn't have to live in this world"

You sat up abruptly. You'd had such a weird dream. You could remember fragments of it, such as ashen blond hair and the comforting smell of pine. You yawned, rubbing your eyes.

"Good morning," you heard a quiet voice say. You stared at the girl in front of you. She had green hair and small ears poking out of her hat. Her brown eyes peered at your through her glasses.

"Sucrose??" You pinched your cheeks to make sure you weren't dreaming. Had you really travelled to Tevyat? Sucrose stared at you and frowned thoughtfully. "Uhh, sorry. Your name was on your notebook," you said, dodging a bullet. Sucrose nodded and smiled.

"So...uh, can you tell me how I got here? I don't remember much." you asked.

"I'm not quite sure myself, but Mister Albedo carried you back to the lab." she answered. You blushed, hiding your face. Sucrose raised an eyebrow and left the room. You kicked your legs gently and looked around. You must have been in Dragonspine, judging by the cold temperature.

The door opened and you looked at it expectantly. A man with ashy hair walked in and you blushed. It wasn't everyday you saw your fictional crush.

"Y/n, is it?" Albedo asked. You nodded and bit your lip. He's somehow even more gorgeous than he is in-game, You thought.

"You're from another world?" He asked, tapping his lip slowly with his brush/pen. He raised an eyebrow at your stunned face and gave a small smile. Your face heated up and you looked away.

"How did you know?" You asked. He gestured toward your clothes and you nodded. "I guess that was kind of a giveaway..." you laughed, rubbing the back of your neck.

Albedo studied you, taking in all of your features. You blinked at him and he realised how attractive you were. He looked away, his heart fluttering. What is this feeling?

"So... What do you think I should do here?" you asked, "Maybe there's a way back?" Albedo thought for a moment, before nodding slowly.

"Apparently the exit is blocked by a powerful, unknown god." Albedo said thoughtfully. Ah yes, you thought. "Maybe you're stuck here?" he added. You sighed.

"Hey, it'll be alright!" Albedo said, panicking inside because he thought you were devastated. He thought hard for a while. "Maybe... I could get you to take care of my sister while her mother goes adventuring for a week? You can stay at my small house in Mondstadt. I'll pay you, of course."

"Yes please! I'd love to!" you said, excited to meet Klee.

"It's just...she's a little...destructive?" Albedo said, fearing for your safety. You nodded and took his hand, assuring him that you would be quite fine. He smiled adoringly at you, already charmed by you.

________________________

I would love to write about babysitting Klee but the story may get too long TwT

________________________

A month later and you had found a stable job at a restaurant, and you had earned a large sum of money. Albedo still let you live at his home in Mondstadt, since you didn't have enough mora to buy your own yet.

It was a stormy day and you had been sent home since no one was around today. You trudged through the door, your hair plastered to your head and teeth chattering violently. You wiped the water from your eyes and removed your shoes.

"Hey Y/n are you ok?" A soft voice called from another room. Albedo stumbled in through the doorway and stared at you. Your clothes stuck to your body and your face was red. His heart thudded and he looked away.

"W- What are you doing here Albedo?" you asked, shivering.

"I just wanted to check up on you again," he said. He had been 'checking up on you' every two days. He fetched a thick towel and wrapped it around your shoulders. "You must be quite cold."

Albedo couldn't stand it anymore and said, "Y/n, I- I've liked you for...quite a while now and I was wondering if you'd be my boyfriend/girlfriend/other?"

You stood for a moment, blinking at him, before launching yourself into his arms. He stumbled backwards a couple steps, but his grip stayed right around you.

Albedo pressed his forehead against yours and asked, "May I?" You nodded and he leaned in slowly, pressing his lips softly against yours. Your arms wrapped around his neck and you rubbed the back of his neck gently.

You broke apart for breath and smiled at each other, before leaning in again.

________________________

I'm sorry this one took a while to write!

I hope you like it though!

I'll be going on my month-long school camp tomorrow, so you won't hear from me for a while.

Please excuse the errors, I don't have time to edit because I left my packing really late.

Please continue to request and comment because I look forward to writing as soon as I get back!

Have an amazing day/night!

- inging <3