Dandelion Wine || Venti x Fem!reader

Requested by StarAnimations774

Thank you for the request!

"Drunken words are sober thoughts"

Y/n is from Inazuma <3

________________________

The tall windmills soared above your head as you walked through the gates. Mondstadt, the City of Freedom. Bf/n had moved to Mondstadt from Inazuma a couple months ago, and you finally made the time to visit them.

You glanced at the letter bf/n had sent you, with an address and directions to their house. You knocked on the door of a small house and waited for them to open it.

"Y/n! Good to see you!" Bf/n said, wrapping you in a tight hug. They pulled you inside and showed you to the spare room. You stretched your arms out and flopped back onto the bed.

"Y/n I'm going to bed now but I think you should go to the tavern! The dandelion wine is really good, but don't drink too much because I'm not waking up to drag you home." Bf/n said, popping their head around the door.

You rubbed your eyes and sat up, deciding to walk to the nearest tavern, which was down the street. When you reached the building, you looked up at the sign.

"Angel's Share..." you mused, "Pretty." You walked inside and sat down at the bench. The tavern was quite full, and you could see plenty of people sitting upstairs.

"Would you like a drink?" The redhead bartender asked. You nodded before trying to remember the name of the wine bf/n recommended.

"I'll take another glass of dandelion wine, Diluc~" a small green bard slurred. Diluc rolled his eyes and ignored him, before asking for your drink choice.

"My friend said I should try the dandelion wine." You said. Diluc nodded and poured a glass, then walked away to serve other customers. You took a small sip, and were amazed by the taste. "Wow, that tastes really good!"

The bard winked at you and introduced himself. "Venti the bard! I've never seen you around." His green eyes were mischievous and his smile was adorable. His hair was braided and you noticed an anemo vision hanging from his belt. You nodded and drained your glass.

"I'm Y/n, and actually I'm only here temporarily to visit my friend. I'm staying until the end of the month." Your head was already feeling foggy after one glass of wine.

"Shame. You should stay here! It's really nice!" Venti chirped, trying to drink the dregs in the glass. Diluc rolled his eyes and made an announcement that it was closing time.

"Come on Venti, let's get you home." You said, placing one of Venti's arms around your shoulder and placing your arm around his waist. "Where's your house?"

"Heya gorgeous~" Venti hiccupped, causing your heart to flutter. He stumbled and fell, pulling you down on top of him. Your noses almost touched.

"Hi," Venti said softly. He smiled at you and you hoped it was too dark for him to notice the colour in your cheeks. You finally managed to get him to bf/n's house and you led him to the sofa.

"Wow, you are really pretty," he said, blinking up at you, "Will you date me?" You realised your hands were still entwined, and you let go, turning to go to your room. You smiled and rolled your e/c eyes.

"I barely even know you! And you're so drunk that you won't remember this tomorrow." Even as you said this, your heart fluttered.

________________________

"Heya Y/n!" Venti opened the door to bf/n's house, "Is tomorrow your last day here?" A month had passed and you had grown fond of the energetic bard. Your feelings for him made it quite difficult to say goodbye.

"Y/n why won't you stay??" Venti whined, sitting down on the sofa beside you, "I- We'll miss you." Your heart ached and you looked away.

Venti noticed how upset you felt and brought you into a hug. You gripped his cape tightly and whispered "I don't really want to leave you and bf/n." Venti stroked your h/c hair and whispered back "Then stay~"

Venti's arm wrapped around your waist and his hand stroked your cheek. He pulled you closer and you could smell cecilias. Venti took a moment to gaze into your eyes before leaning in. Without hesitation, you closed the gap between the two of you. Your kiss was long and passionate. You broke apart for breath and Venti asked "So will you date me? And perhaps stay?" You nodded shyly and leaned in again.

"Lord Barbatos! Get a room!" Bf/n said, jokingly covering their eyes as they walked through the front door. They winked at you and disappeared back out the door. You looked to Venti again.

"Now where were we?"

________________________

Media by kinnetalt on Twitter

________________________

Tysm for reading!

Sorry for not updating for a while.

As a Venti simp, it was very fun to write!

Good luck to all wishing for Venti and Ayato!

I'm literally writing this at 4am
~\(≧▽≦)/~

Have an awesome day/night!

- inging <3