Chapter 26

Wei Wuxian:

Nightmares.

I knew it would be hard to hide it from Jiang Cheng, especially when we are practically joined to the hips since we were 8 years old. I have had nightmares ever since we left China. It was the retelling of that night.

The night everything changed.

Past:-

It was the annual competition night. A night when the final year students would cook and all the students from junior years, including the ones who just started as a third year student, would attend. With over  25 groups and 50 chefs paired together, for their graduating project.

We were first years moving to second year, we couldn't believe that we already survived a year of this school.

"You look handsome, A-xian." I heard Shijie's voice.

"Shijie!" I turned around from the mirror and smiled.

"Wow, a red suit and hair all cleaned up. Are you really the A-xian I know, because he likes to play in the dirt." Shijie said as she walked up to me.

"Ah...." I said, pretty sure by now my ears were red " Lan Zhan would be dressing up too. So I thought, I would do it too."

"Oh my god, can you two love-birds give it a break?!" I heard Jiang Cheng's voice from the door.

I turned around to see Jiang Cheng all dressed up, his hair clean and combed unlike his usual tied in the back hairstyle. He definitely used the curling iron to give himself those pretty little curls which suited his petite and pretty face. He was wearing a black suit with a chanel pin on it. He wore a V-neck t-shirt instead of a shirt, giving a clear view of his collar bones, the blazer was pure black as well, it's lapels a darker shade of black and he paired it with a skinny jeans. Needless to say, he spent some time getting ready today.

"That's rich, coming from someone who bust out his best looking outfit and did his hair as well."

I could see the visible change in his expression as his eyes threatened come out of their place and a ugly blush bust itself out on his face.

"Now now, both of you. It's no time to fight." Shijie said as she drew our attention towards her.

"Shijie, are you alright? Are you nervous?" I asked.

Since Shijie was one of the graduating students, she was going to present tonight as well.

"Yeah, I am pretty confident in my skills and I also have Zixuan with me to present, there's nothing that can go wrong tonight." Shijie said, with a smile on her face.

If only we knew what was awaiting us.

The presentation was thrown off charts after a student was allegedly poisoned. She was killed on spot and it was ruled out a planned murder.

The presenter whose dish was allegedly poisoned before being given out....was Shijie.

We stood there wide eyed, our feet stuck to the ground and felt heavy. Slowly and slowly, every one who had Shijie's dish, started to faint. One after another, there was a chaos in the presentation hall. Shijie, Zixuan, me and Jiang Cheng were hand cuffed and put under home arrest at the principal office.