Chapter 29

Lan Wangji:

My lungs felt like they would collapse at any moment, my heart beating at a mile per hour. My bloody and clammy hands shaking, refusing to calm down. The blood in my veins was running cold and my breathing coming out short.

"Wei Ying! Don't you dare give up on me!" I heard Jiang Cheng's voice pierce through the ringing in my ear.

"Jiang Cheng, calm down. He has already lost a lot of blood, he cannot have someone screaming at him right now!" Wen Qing said.

Soft sobs from Yanli and Qing's quick working were the only thing keeping me sane and somewhat aware of the situation.

"The ambulance is here!" I heard someone say.

"Huaisang, show them in" Wen Qing said "I cannot clean his wound here, nor can I close it. I need my tools." Qishan said.

"Wangji," I heard someone's voice, muffled and toned out "LAN WANGJI!" I finally reacted as I looked around. It was Jiang Cheng calling me.

"Y-yeah...how can I help?" I croaked, my voice barely over a decibel.

"Get his legs, we need to move him to the stretcher." Wen Qing said, as I saw the medic team surrounding us.

Moving Wen Ying from his initial position disturbed his wound, which earned a groan from him. Wen Qing assured that as long as he was awake and still responding, he would be saved.

Unless, he fell asleep.

From the dias to the ambulance, Wei Ying kept groaning. It somehow washed relief over my anxiety seeing he was responsive. But it also broke my heart, as I saw tears covering his blood stained face, contorting in pain. He kept on squirming, trying to get some semblance of relief but was only inviting more and more pain.

As soon as they made their into the ambulance, I stood at the door. Not more than two people could go on the ambulance.

"Lan Wangji, can you come to the hospital in your car?" Jiang Cheng said as I looked over his shoulder and saw Wen Qing making her way in to work on hooking Wei Ying up to the machines. 

"Yeah, I will." I said, as I slowly felt the nerves sitting heavy in my stomach.

"Wangji, you can come with us." I turned around to see Jin Zixuan, holding on to Jiang Yanli by her waist, who was still crying and trying to keep herself straight.

"No, I need to get my brother. I will be right behind you." I said, somehow finally getting my body to work and walking past everyone to look for my brother. He needed to get his wounds checked too, I guess that's what made me hold on to my senses.

It wasn't long before the ambulance left, along with it left two cars, I realised one of the cars belonging to the Jiangs themselves. I was walking back to the conference hall, only to find my brother and Mingjue sitting. My brother looking deathly pale and Mingjue's face shrouded with surprise. Walking up to them, I couldn't hear anything, the rescue team still scoping out to find anyone who was injured or stuck, there were noises of all kinds. Screams, groans, cries, shouts, all of it being too much.

I walked upto the two men sitting on an almost dilapidated set of chairs.

"Brother." I called out, he visibly flinched before looking up on me.