Chapter 39

Song Lan

"You have enough shares in the Lan Corporation to initiate the unrest?" He said.

"20%, Wangji was kind enough to tell us when the best time to buy was, I bought about 5% eight years ago, it sits at 20% right now."

"Alright then, you have the proof. Circulate this within the investors discreetly so that Lan Qiren is unable to get a whiff of it."

"That will be as easy as a child's play."

"I hope it is."

"Mr. Song, on what basis are you making this decision if I may ask?" Lan Xichen asked.

"We have learned that Lan Qiren was involved in the murder of Madam and we have proof for the same," I said.

"If we may ask, what this proof is?" Xichen asked from the podium, his sinister smile breaking out every now and then.

I hand the woman who came up to me to give her the usb that held all the proof. It initially came to in several burner sources but I was able to compile it in a way that would be hard to break into.

I looked at Jiang Cheng and Wei Ying, sitting with their backs straight and poker face. I wondered if they knew about this.

"Isn't this wrong?" Wen Chao spoke out of nowhere "why are we allowing a random person to hand in something at the last minute which was not noted in the materials or agendas that were in our hands today?"

I wanted to laugh, Wen Chao must have thought that he was slick to bring something up like this which would have been viable in a court of law but this wasn't the court. This was a battlefield in which one side loses and I refuse to be on the side that loses, I do not care for big companies like the ones my friends own, I care for my family, Xing Chen and A-Qing were the only ones who deserved my protection.

I didn't mean to be embroiled in this mess but I couldn't say no when Xing Chen made the request in behalf of someone. Who it was, I didn't know.

"Mr. Wen, if this proof is related to our emergency meeting today, then this is a part of the agenda. And Mr. Song is not a random person, he is an investor, one of the people who allow us to run this business, so please. Let us do our job and look into all the facts that we have," Xichen said and handed the USB to Mrs. Khan.

Almost like a domino effect, whispers started to emerge. I sat back down and another investor asked "do you think they will believe us?"

"We shall see," was all that I had said.

Mrs. Khan gasped as she looked at something but Xichen's expression was unreadable. Nobody could imagine what he was thinking. And after looking through the files that existed on the drive for a bit more, Xichen stood up to adress the crowd again.

"The proof that we have in our hands, it is too much for us to condense in a few words. So we shall show you, what the files contain in this USB provided by our investors," he said and gestured for the projection to start on the screen behind him.

"It is not too late, Qiren. We cannot have your wife transfer the shares to your nephew," Wen Ruohan said.

"Moreover, I am already taken off of Jin Corporation's account and documents. While, the Wens are barely scraping by. We need the money if we want to put our plans in motion and your shares are our only resource," Jin Guangshan said.