Chapter 16

Wei Wuxian

The news of them coming back has already made it to our ears. Jiang Cheng and I worked day and night to clear out all the mess, while I was wrapped up in work, every now and then Lan Zhan and I would meet up for drinks. He still couldn't tolerate his drinks so he chose to stick to mocktails.

Just like that, everyday, for the past 3 months we have been working like crazy. It was just another day at work when I received a message.

LZ: Wei Ying.

Wwx: Yes, Lan Zhan. I will get off work at 7 today as well.

LZ: Can you take a few days off?

"Huh?" I thought.

Wwx: It's Friday, so I am free over the weekend.

LZ: Mn. Make sure to pack a small luggage of necessities.

"Wait..what?"

Wwx: Are we going on a trip?

LZ: Mn.

What the heck?!

My mind was still processing this news until my phone rang.

"Hello?" I said, after receiving it.

"Hey, are you going somewhere tonight?" Jiang Cheng said on the other side.

"Why does everyone but me, knows about this?" I said.

"Huaisang told me about it."

I let out a sigh before continuing.

"Well...it seems Lan Zhan and I will be on a vacation this weekend."

"Have fun you idiot. You have been working hard, take a day off on Monday if needed."

"Nah. I will be late but I will be coming to work."

"All right you freak." Jiang Cheng said and hung up on me.

The day vanished in between meetings and planning ahead with Jiang Cheng, it wasn't until Yu Huan, my secretary told me that I needed to head home to pack.

"Mr. Wei, it's 5:00 PM already. You have an appointment with Mr. Lan at 7:00 PM at the Jiang estate." She said.

"Mrs. Yu, thank you. I will be on my way." I said.

She gave me a slight bow before leaving the room.

"So you'll be FINALLY out of the house for the weekend, eh?" Jiang Cheng said.

"Oh c'mon, you know you'll be lonely."

"Please, I will be more than happy to not have you around for a day or two. Anyway, be on your way otherwise you'll be late."

"Yeah, I should go back home and pack."

I left Jiang Cheng's office and went back to my own office to keep the file I had in my hands in its place. I reorganized my table for Monday, I was busy moving a few files in the drawer when I saw an envelope. There wasn't anything written on the exterior and there was more than one page in that envelope.