41

"Joonie?"

Namjoon was very much shocked to find his beloved Baby brother standing in front of him, shy expression on his face and cuddled up in a large teddy bear jacket, making his face all puffy from how tight it was zipped up.

Without a second thought, Namjoon leaped forward and embraced Taehyung in his arms, curling around his brother while his chest was already heaving with forceful sobs. It was only then where Taehyung also bursted into tears, holding onto his older brother with trembling hands.

The blond buried his face into Namjoon's chest, inhaling his familiar perfume and taking shuddering breath after shuddering breath while the tears were freely running down his cheeks. He only pulled away when he heard a gasp coming from behind Namjoon, trying to glance over his brother's shoulder.

Jimin stood there, accompanied by Hoseok, both with shocked expressions worn on their sleepy faces. But they stormed forward, joining the hug with loud exclaims of Taehyung's name. Feeling crushed, Taehyung released a puff of air before he started squirming.

"H-Hyungs, c-can't breathe", he choked out, followed by breathless laughter and quick apologies before he was released. But Namjoon quickly latched himself back onto Taehyung's side, grabbing his hand with a teary smile.

"Does this mean it's over and you're coming home? What exactly happened? Did Jungkook let you go?"

Taehyung gulped down the upcoming guilt of not telling his brother and friends the truth, motioning them to return inside. He was finally back home, also to clear up the mess he had possibly caused. And also clear up the confusion burning inside of his heart.

"I'll explain everything inside", Taehyung said, tightening the hold around Namjoon's hand the same time the ashblond did the same. Namjoon nodded, eyes trained on his baby brother as if he was afraid Taehyung would disappear again as soon as he would look away.

The blond turned shortly, his eyes finding the non-suspicious car standing outside, with the bodyguards Jungkook had ordered to accompany him.

Jimin and Hoseok stepped aside, following the siblings to the living room. Taehyung had glanced around, noticing the absence of his dear mother.

"Where's Momma?", he asked, worry lacing in his voice.

"She's at work. Momma said to trust you, you can take of yourself even though we wanna protect you. But she was right, you beat the bad man. Isn't that right, bear?", Namjoon asked fondly, ruffling Taehyung's hair and the blond giggled, happy to be reunited with Namjoon.

"Well, let's say I got it under control" Taehyung hummed as he sat next to Namjoon who hugged him again.

Technically, it was the truth. Jungkook was pretty much whipped for his precious doll he had now started to frequently call "Sweetheart" rather than "doll" which caused Taehyung's heart to always flutter.

The Mafia boss was, much to everyone's surprise, really respectful and it was obvious how much he regretted his past actions. Taehyung appreciated the change of heart and he also caught himself to miss Jungkook whenever the elder wasn't around.

It was far from perfect of course, Jungkook was after all part of the underworld, the dark side of life and it sometimes stuck out. The silver-haired Chess King was a master in covering that up, he wanted to change his ways for Taehyung and that included not involving Taehyung with any matter of his Mafia.

The only thing Taehyung saw of the Mafia was Jungkook's engagement with the guards, the way his eyes turned cold after he ordered them to protect Taehyung with their lives to which they all have simultaneously sunken to their knees and swore their oath to Taehyung.

It was no secret to Seokjin that Jungkook had put Taehyung under his protection and Taehyung felt the need to inform the rest of his family about it.

Taehyung's brows shot up when Hoseok and Jimin cuddled close to Namjoon, Jimin even going as far as putting his hand in between Namjoon's thighs to stroke the flesh possessively while Hoseok claimed the spot on top of the couch, stretching himself like a cat before caressing Namjoon's hair.

The ashblond blushed a deep scarlet by Taehyung's shocked but amused face.

"When did that happen?", the blond asked, both happy and confused. Jimin giggled, leaning to Namjoon to breathe a kiss to his cheek.

"Well, you were gone for a while and we gave Joonie support. Emotionally and... well I think you can imagine it", he said teasingly, laughing loudly alongside with Hoseok when he was swatted away by a furious Namjoon.

"He's safe and sound, Joonie, no need to get angry over my words", Jimin said softly and Taehyung was quick to agree.

"Yeah, sure, being kidnapped by a Mafia leader, no biggie", he shrugged, giggled when he saw the flabbergasted expressions on his brother's face.

"I cannot with you", Namjoon said helplessly, throwing his hands in the air which were caught by Hoseok and Jimin, both pressing kisses to his large hands.

"Sooo, are you boyfriends now?", Taehyung asked, rather focusing on a light conversation instead of revealing these news to his friends. Jimin smirked.

"We're working on it", he replied, teasing Namjoon by sucking his thumb into his mouth. Namjoon pulled away with a screech, falling backwards and off the couch.

It was so funny, Taehyung felt his heart clenching from how much he missed his adorable, clumsy brother and he held back his tears of affection before helping Namjoon who was whining embarrassed.

 "Oh Tae, this is not how I imagined our first meeting", Namjoon cried out, "like I was so worried for you but I trust Seokjin to take care of you, to save you from Jungkook's clutches... he promised us and Momma told me not to worry too. Still, to have you back unharmed is amazing."

Taehyung bit his lip, squirming in his seat. Hoseok immediately caught the change and Taehyung wanted to hide in his jacket.

"What's wrong?"

"That's not all... Joonie, you have to promise not to get angry, okay? I only wanted to keep you safe", Taehyung started to explain and Namjoon stilled, looking at his brother with wide eyes.

So Taehyung started to tell his brother everything while clutching onto Namjoon's hand and hoping his brother found it in his heart to forgive him one day.

Taehyung told him everything, from being kidnapped the first time by Jungkook, how he found out Jungkook had been obsessed with Taehyung since they were children, everything Jungkook put him through before he was rescued by their brother Seokjin.

How helpless and scared he had felt when Jungkook had taken him back before he was attacked by government assassins who had been ordered to kill Taehyung because he was a dove. The way Jungkook had fought for him, did everything to erase Taehyung's status from the dove list and even went into the parliament.

Taehyung himself didn't even know that their father had become the vice president and had been the one to erase his name, Seokjin had kept that secret to himself. His Baby brothers went through so much already.

Finishing with the current situation in which Taehyung had given Jungkook his first and only chance, Taehyung finished, hoping Namjoon wasn't going to yell at him.

He knew it was insane, Jungkook had kidnapped him, Taehyung might have developed some sort of Stockholm syndrome, it was so crazy--

But all his scared thoughts disappeared when Namjoon hugged him.

"You're my brother, Taehyung. No matter what you decide, I will always love you."

And Taehyung cried again before returning the hug of his brother he had missed so much.

~

TaeTae finally cleared up everything ! Welcome to the new chapter of their story :)

Elaboratae