42

Taehyung's life had finally returned back to normal, at least in the slightest way. He rejoined his university courses, he was going back to university, meeting up with his friends, assure them that everything was fine and he just took a vacation.

He reunited with his mother, hugging her under tears and also explaining everything to her to which she replied with another tearful hug. His Momma was simply the best.

Everything could've been normal if it wasn't for a certain silver-haired Mafia leader still lingering in Taehyung's life. The petit blond still felt shivers running down his spine whenever he thought of Jungkook, feeling his confused heart tightening.

Jungkook had really stayed true to his words of keeping his distance unless Taehyung wanted him close. He was respectful, charming and very much happy whenever Taehyung decided to approach him.

Jungkook's mission of 'wooing Taehyung aka his Sweetheart' took only slowly place: sweet gifts passed to Taehyung by silent delivery boys, romantic dates in the way Taehyung liked them, more presents and most importantly: time.

Time for Taehyung to heal and sort everything out. Just for himself, without involving anyone else, not Jungkook, not his Momma nor brothers.

He loved his family but this, this he had to do alone.

°°°

Taehyung let out a groan once he arrived back home, on the phone with Jimin who was babbling about something he couldn't focus on. His eyes fell on the beautiful bucket of red roses before they laid on the one holding them, a bright smile on his face.

"Hey Sweetheart, you free today? I have a surprise for you", Jungkook said, beaming happily when Taehyung pressed a quick kiss to his cheek before moving past him and inside the house.

"Sure, let me just put away my stuff, then I'm ready", he shouted over his shoulder, quickly dismissing Jimin and hanging up with the promise for a meet up. Jimin and Hoseok wanted to take their relationship with Namjoon a bit further and since Taehyung knew exactly what his brother liked, they asked him for advice.

"How was your day, Gorgeous?" Arms sneaked up around his waist, pressing Taehyung against a firm chest. The blond sighed, blowing a golden lock out of his eyes before turning his head to look up to Jungkook.

The Chess King returned the look lovingly and Taehyung flushed red before quickly looking away.

"It was alright, still have to do a lot of work since I missed a lot in my courses", Taehyung replied back, a teasing undertone in his voice. Although slightly forgiven, the cruelty of the past was not forgotten on Taehyung's side which he loved to playfully remind Jungkook of.

Taehyung had returned back to his sassy self after he didn't have to fear daily for his life anymore and Jungkook had fallen even more in love. He loved every aspect of Taehyung.

"Don't give me that look, you're about to say sorry, I know you."

Two weeks. It took two weeks for them to get this casual with each other but it had been worth it. At least for Taehyung. He got to know so much more aspects of Jungkook that it frightened him how fast he got comfortable with the latter.

It shouldn't matter, but to Taehyung it meant the world. He couldn't forget what Jungkook had done to him but he saw the efforts the silver-haired did to repay him and Taehyung appreciated it. He was forgiving Jungkook, because deep down in his heart, he understood that craving for love the other held inside of him.

Taehyung tickled Jungkook's chin and the elder pulled away with a small huff before a chuckle broke free from his lips.

"Kiss?", he asked, puckering his lips. Taehyung tilted his head to the side, teasing him.