43

Jungkook embraced Taehyung with strong arms, securing the love of his life in his hold before lifting the blond up. Taehyung squealed, instantly clinging onto Jungkook's broader frame and protesting in a laugh.

He was twirled around, all while listening to Jungkook's deep laughter ringing in his ears.

"P-Put me down, idiot!", he complained to the taller, whining in protest when he felt Jungkook's hands inching upwards, from his hips to his waist before he was pressed flushed against the Mafia leader's body.

"Nah, you could fall", Jungkook grinned, a giddy one. Now, he was looking like a simple boy in love, nothing like the fearsome Mafia leader he usually portrayed.

"And I can't have you falling for anyone else besides me", Jungkook said teasingly, pecking Taehyung's nose. The blond blushed before realizing what Jungkook had just said and his mouth opened in protest.

"Very smooth, Jeon." He chuckled as an answer. Taehyung rested his forehead against Jungkook's, a smile teasing his lips upwards.

"But you know that my eyes are always on you."

Eunwoo watched the interaction with a weirdly heavy heart. He turned away from the couple, sighing silently before distancing himself, returning back into the world he had created solely for himself and his sorrow.

The male knew it was wrong to feel that way, he should be happy for his boss, and best friend. Jungkook deserved happiness and to see that he finally achieved it, with Taehyung, should make Eunwoo more happy.

But the truth was, it didn't. Because he himself was heartbroken.

It all started when it shouldn't have happened. But Eunwoo fell, hard. He fell for that sassy little beauty who was so afraid one second and in the next fiery and unafraid.

Eunwoo knew he shouldn't. Jungkook was his best friend, he would die for him. But for Taehyung... Eunwoo wasn't so sure Jungkook was still the only one he would give his life for.

He knew he shouldn't do this, Taehyung was off limits. But just for once, Eunwoo wanted to feel loved. In his life, there had never been a space for that little word that held so much meaning behind.

It was his job to be there for the Mafia, for Jungkook. But his focus shifted when Taehyung had arrived, wide-eyed and so beautiful it still took Eunwoo's breath away.

He was such a bad friend, he couldn't fall in love with his best friend's crush! It was so wrong but it couldn't be helped: Eunwoo was in love with Kim Taehyung. For a long time now. Only with the the difference, that now he couldn't hide it and run from his feelings anymore.

But Eunwoo was not a person to accept defeat this easily.

So until Jungkook and Taehyung weren't together, Eunwoo would try and use the tiny chance of becoming close to Taehyung.

Even if this was the most stupidest thing he would ever do, Eunwoo had to try. Be selfish for once.

Only for once.

°°°

Taehyung ran away screaming, leaving wet droplets of warm water on the stone path as he ran away from Jungkook, all while hysterically laughing. Jungkook, equally wet, chased after his doll with a playfully furious expression on his face.

"Come back here, Sweetheart!", Jungkook yelled after Taehyung, already stretching his hands out in order to catch Taehyung, "I only wanna talk!"

"Never!", Taehyung screeched, fastening his steps while laughing uncontrollably. Jungkook chasing after him.

The scene was situated in Jungkook's backyard, the sun shining above their heads and happiness filling their hearts. After Jungkook had gifted Taehyung the swimming pool, the Chess Queen had been dying to jump into the water.

And Jungkook being the whipped man he was for Taehyung, of course complied, providing Taehyung with swimming trunks before actually carrying his beloved back down to the swimming pool area.

Feeling sneaky, Taehyung had wriggled out of Jungkook's hold and actually pushed the Mafia leader into the pool. Resulting in Jungkook grabbing Taehyung himself, dunking the blond until he was gasping with laughter.

Taehyung fled, leading to the situation taking place right now. His naked feet carried him over the soft, green grass, giggling all the while to himself.

But Taehyung didn't pay attention to his surroundings, resulting in him crashing into another person. He thought of it shortly being one of the many bodyguards Jungkook had hired for him but when he was caught by bulky arms, he glanced up.

"Eunwoo! I'm so sorry, I didn't see you!", the petit blond apologized wide-eyed, stepping back quickly from the taller and noticing the wet patch of his own body forming on Eunwoo's white shirt.

"I'm sorry for wetting your shirt", Taehyung apologized once more, capturing his bottom lip between his teeth as he looked guiltily at Eunwoo's chest. The other felt his cheeks growing warm by the intense stare. He's only looking at your shirt, snap out of it, Eunwoo told himself rapidly, trying to adjust his facial expression to the situation.

"No Tae, it's okay, it's my fault. I wasn't watching my steps", Eunwoo smiled weakly down to Taehyung. The male looked like a wet little puppy, his golden locks hanging into his eyes. Eunwoo had to restrain himself or else he would dare and reach out a hand to wipe Taehyung's hair out of his beautiful face, caress his soft cheek in the process before letting go.

Jesus. Had he gone completely bonkers? What was he doing?

But one look into Taehyung's stunning face, filled with concern now, and everything else was forgotten. When had he become so whipped for the smaller male with the infatuating aura and unbreakable spirit?

This was bad, really bad. Eunwoo had been inside the computer room but had been so distracted that he went outside to get fresh air. Colliding with the cause of his distraction, the world must really hate him, huh.

And to make it even worse, Jungkook arrived at the scene, engulfing Taehyung with his arms and the male shrieked, squirming around in the silver-haired man's hold as he was tickled.

"S-stop!", he demanded under loud gasps and turned his back to Eunwoo, his presence forgotten as he tried to get rid of the fingers teasing his ticklish areas. Jungkook chuckled lowly but stopped, resulting in Taehyung to punch him in the chest.

"Idiot", he grumbled playfully but there was no anger in his eyes.

Eunwoo caught Jungkook's eyes over Taehyung's head as the silver-haired man held him possessively in his arms. Taehyung seemed unaware where his lover's eyes were lingering, having a staring battle with his best friend.

The gorgeous blond said something to Jungkook and the taller finally turned his cold glare away from Eunwoo, bowing his head to listen to Taehyung with the same fondness in his eyes that Eunwoo held for Taehyung in his heart.

The man watched as Jungkook pulled Taehyung away, occupying the smaller with conversation so he wouldn't look back to Eunwoo. Jungkook was a smart guy, he must've noticed something was wrong with Eunwoo.

If he was to find out, Eunwoo would be doomed. No, he had to get rid of these stupid feelings before it got into the way of his and Jungkook's friendship.

But watching Taehyung leave, made Eunwoo realize that he too wanted to be selfish, even if it was wrong.

Only once, Cha Eunwoo wanted to be selfish.

~

What a plot twist ! Eunwoo's in love with our TaeTae, what do you think about that ?

Elaboratae