44

What's your favorite trope in Taekook ?

°°°

Normality had returned back to Jeon's main mansion, the early sign of summer causing the inhabitants to move inside the cooling rooms rather than staying outside. Maids were busying themselves with work, energetically buzzing like bees around the house.

Taehyung and Jungkook had moved to Jungkook's private quarters, getting to know each other more and maybe exploring the sheets of Jungkook's luxurious king size bed. Even if they did, no one would be able to hear them as the bedroom had sound-proof walls.

But that all went past Cha Eunwoo, slouched on a desk chair and staring blindly into space. His fingers were clasped around a simple, single white sheet of paper. It had been sitting on his desk after he had arrived from outside, painful eyes having watched the sweetest interactions between his best friend, Jungkook, and the one he was hopelessly in love with, Taehyung.

Eunwoo had decided to retreat, he couldn't watch the one he liked smiling in another man's arms even when it was his best friend and Eunwoo should be happy for him to achieve what he had been dreaming of for so long.

Eunwoo cursed himself and his stupid heart that decided over his head.

But there was nothing he could do, only wishing for his unrequited love to fade away. Still, there was this silly, little hope blooming in his heart that maybe, maybe Taehyung was going to choose him if he were to confess.

And that stupid little piece of paper was not making this decision better for him. Eunwoo stared blindly at the seven words written in simple font of electronic writing.

'Call me when you made a decision'.

'When', not 'if'. It was like the person behind the message already knew what Eunwoo was going to choose and that drove him insane.

He couldn't betray Jungkook, he was his best friend.

"This is insane and stupid", Eunwoo cursed under his breath yet he was unable to let go of the message, shred the paper into pieces like he should. It was dumb to assume he had any kind of small chance with Taehyung.

A sudden knock startled Eunwoo and he flinched, quickly dropping the paper into one of the drawers and retrieving his composure.

"Hey man, what can I do for you?", he asked, forced casualty into his voice as he watched the male walking inside the computer room, his own space. It was Jungkook and Eunwoo gulped, heart hammering in his chest, hoping Jungkook didn't catch any of his traitorous behavior.

The Mafia leader looked gorgeous as always and when he corrected the white dress shirt hiding his muscular body, Eunwoo was able to spot the dark mark, purple and red in color, sitting proudly on the tanned skin of his neck.

Pain was suddenly roaring inside Eunwoo, knowing very well who must be the cause of this mark. Jungkook of course noticed his stare and he chuckled lowly while fingering shortly over the hickey.

"Didn't know this before, but my Darling actually likes to mark the things that are his, just like I do." His comment had the wrong reaction in Eunwoo who was supposed to laugh, tell Jungkook he got a little tiger but all he could muster was the sarcastic upwards pull of the corners of his mouth.

"As long as you're happy, Kook", Eunwoo forced himself to say with an awkward laugh. Jungkook didn't seem to notice, only smiling dreamingly after being reminded of Taehyung. And god, Eunwoo was never a violent person but in this moment, he wished to punch that stupid, love strucked smile away.

"I am, Woo. Taehyung is the love of my life, he's everything I've ever wanted and even more", Jungkook said, snapping out of his space staring. His eyes turned hard and calculating out of the sudden, replacing the fondness he held for the lively blond that conquered his world and made it his own.