Maybe a Text Would Have Been Better (Vanessa x Male Reader)

(Request by:  @shadow_man45)

(Word Count: 1,386 words)

(Warning: Mature Elements: Violence/dark themes, Blood/Gore)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You nervously adjusted your collar feeling a sense of unease wash over you. You couldn't believe this was happening! But you knew deep down that it had to happen. You knocked on the front door and gulped quietly waiting for her to answer the door. It swung open revealing a disheveled frizzy-haired blond staring at you tiredly. It was your girlfriend Vanessa rocking her pizza-stained Freddy Fazbear t-shirt and a pair of black yoga pants.

"Oh hey, I wasn't expecting you so early..." Vanessa murmured sluggishly. You twiddled your thumbs in anticipation while averting your gaze from your girlfriend. She seemed to pick up on your unease and gestured awkwardly for you to enter, "Would you like to come in?" You nodded your head silently without muttering one word as you entered.

"Make yourself at home and sorry about the mess. I hadn't had time to clean up," Vanessa shrugged lazily while shuffling toward the kitchen. "I'm going to grab a soda; do you want one?"

"Sure." You answered while plotting yourself down on her faded brown couch.

"So, what brings you by? I thought we were hanging out this evening..." Vanessa called from the kitchen.

"I'm sorry Nessie, I just had something important I wanted to talk to you about," You paused for a moment choosing your next words carefully. "I figured in person would be easier than over text."

"Oh okay." Vanessa plotted herself next to you while offering a can of FizzyFaz to you. You politely accepted it and placed it on the coffee table. She popped open the drink and took a long swig. You couldn't help but admire her beauty from her smooth soft porcelain skin, round sparkly ebony eyes, her Sunkist hair tied back lazily in a ponytail, and that sweet smile of hers. Yet, the admiration was fleeting as you felt your stomach twist into a tight knot. Your throat felt dry and your heart was heavy.

"You've been a bit quiet today. Is everything alright?" Vanessa asked in a concerned tone.

"Pfft yeah, I'm totally fine," You chuckled nervously. "I just have a lot on my mind..." Vanessa cocked her head to the side with her full focus on you. Your cheeks flushed a light crimson averting your gaze once again. How were you going to tell her? You had practiced for this moment on many occasions and yet you were sitting here tongue-tied. She downed the Fizzyfaz like a champ before tossing the crushed can aside.

"So, what's shaking then? Or does the cat got your tongue?" Vanessa joked while draping an arm around your shoulder. She brought you into a hug making you blush uncontrollably. "Or are you looking for me to take that tongue of yours~?" She gave a flirtatious wink as she moved in closer to capture a kiss from you. You freaked out quickly shoving Vanessa away from you.

"I-I need to use the bathroom! Like super badly, I'll be right back." You sputtered while dashing away to the safety of the bathroom. You locked the door firmly behind you and sunk to the floor. What in the world was happening to you?! Why couldn't you just tell Vanessa directly? Why did confrontation have to be such a daunting task? You squeezed your eyes shut as your mind became a twister of images and thoughts. They mixed into a Molotov cocktail that exploded into a fiery blast.

A cool breeze drifted by as it sent a cold shiver down your spine. You opened your eyes to discover that you were no longer in the bathroom. Rather in a dark alley in the middle of a raging thunderstorm. The rain pitter-pattered aggressively covering everything in a wet blanket. You began to shake and tremble standing there in the dim light of a streetlamp. Your mind was hazy with a fog of confusion about what and where you were. You scanned your surroundings warily, coaxing yourself to explore the new surroundings.

"Get away from me!" A child-like voice screamed. "Get away from me!!" Alarm bells blared in your ears as you jumped into action without much thought. You bolted down the alleyway toward the distressful cries. Someone needed your help! The alleyway stretched unnaturally growing longer and longer while you sprinted. You pushed through trashcans and litter until you found yourself witnessing something truly horrific.

A young boy in a teal shirt swinging his fists wildly in the air as a person in a poorly made rabbit costume held him by the collar. Something metallic glimmered in the dim lighting and your heart dropped into your stomach. It was a large brandish knife that was clutched tightly in the assailant's white paw. The boy screamed and pleaded while the person taunted the boy by bringing them dangerously close to their face. In a bold move from the boy, he reached out ripping the mask right off the person's face. The mask clattered onto the ground with a soft thud revealing a shocking revelation. A familiar face with smooth soft porcelain skin, round sparkly ebony eyes, Sunkist hair, and that sweet smile that was now twisted into a sadistic grin. It was your best friend, your first love, your first kiss, and even your soulmate that you thought would be your happily ever after. It was Vanessa

"Oh Gregory, there's no escaping now~" Vanessa giggled cheerfully while cocking her head to the side innocently. "He always gets what he wants and I always listen to him. You're going to serve a better purpose. Rest now, Gregory. Sleep, sleep little sheep." Before you could react, Vanessa lodged the knife deep into the soft flesh of the boy's stomach. A fountain of blood sputtered out as the boy's eyes looked at Vanessa with pure terror. She dropped him onto the ground harshly. Vanessa proudly wiped the fresh blood off her knife and admired her handiwork.

"It's a beautiful knife, isn't it? It was a gift from someone very special~" Vanessa hummed. "A shame I had to use it on someone like you, stained its beautiful metal. Well now, I'm feeling a bit generous today, so I'll let you rest and maybe the stray dogs will finish the job." Vanessa chuckled darkly as she hummed an eerie lullaby. She took her exit from the alleyway as you ducked out of sight. You put a hand over your mouth to conceal your hyperventilation. You felt sicker than the day you ate a whole plate of spoiled clams at that swanky seafood restaurant at the plaza.

Without a second thought, you rushed to the kid's side who bleeding gallons of blood onto the rough concrete. You swiftly removed your hoodie tying it around the stab wound to prevent the wound from gushing out anymore. You fumbled with your phone trying to dial "9-1-1" as you desperately tried to comfort the child. The rest was a blur as flashing lights, a flurry of cops, and paramedics loaded the boy up. In the middle of all the chaos, you watched as a detective pick up the demented rabbit mask. Its ruby eyes stared straight at you tauntingly as you felt even sicker. You couldn't believe what you had just witnessed and even your testimony sounded crazy when you told your lawyer and police.

You jumped back into the present when you heard loud knocking along with Vanessa asking if you were okay. Your common sense finally kicked in; you were here to break up with this crazy woman. But you just put yourself into more danger by walking straight into the bear's den or well rabbit's burrow. You noticed the bathroom window and turned the sink on as a distraction. Opening the window, you made a quiet escape.

"Hey! What's wrong? Are you okay? Open this door right now!" Vanessa demanded, but you didn't reply. You were getting the heck out of there and jumped into your car to make your fast getaway. You saw the front door swing open, but you floored it out of the driveway. Speeding down the street with "9-1-1" on speed dial. You began to wonder if you did the right thing or maybe you really should have planned this out better. And, maybe sending a text would have been better than the stunt you just pulled.