A Unforgettable Camping Trip (Shy Roxanne x Bold Reader)

(Request by:  split_opossumgutz)

(Word Count: 2,388)

(A/N: Sorry for the delay! I researched a bunch of 80s' related stuff, so corny alert!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come on, don't be a chicken!" Chica laughed while playfully elbowing you in the side. "This camping trip is going to be so much fun! The whole gang is going to be there." You shot her a playful glare while taking another bite of your sandwich. It's lunchtime and you just wanted to enjoy the peace and quiet before being dragged back to your crazy college classes. Chica leaned against the table as she gazed mischievously at you.

"Firstly, I'm not the chicken, you are," you pointed a finger at her. "Secondly, who enjoys being outside with the burning sun, buzzing bugs, and sleeping on rough dirt? Barf me out!"

"Awh, no need to be a harsh homie, where's your spirit of adventure?" Chica laughed, but her smile grew. "Besides, a certain someone is going to be there!"

"Hm, not sure what you're talking about Feathers," you huffed as you felt your face grow warm. "I mean congrats that everyone in our friend group loves camping, but that still doesn't change my mind."

"Hear me out Peanut," she giggled. "Camping is one of the most romantic settings, picture this, a sky full of twinkling stars shimmers above while the warm embers of the bonfire crackle softly. You sit there in the warm glow of the flames next to a special someone. You turn your head to be met with a pair of soft sparkling eyes. You feel your heart go BUMP, BUMP, BUMP, as you lean closer and closer. Your lips are inches away from..."

"Whoa there, hold up!" Your face was ten shades of dark red as you whispered-yelled. "I'm not listening to your weird fanfiction Feathers, nor do I want you calling me Peanut, it's embarrassing."

"Peanut is such an adorable nickname though! It's been a part of you since elementary school homie, I can't help that's your nickname. I'm not the one who brought PBJs every single day for lunch."

"That's what my mom packed for me! I couldn't really escape eating that. In fact, I'm so sick of peanut butter because of how many PBJs I ate."

"Whatever Peanut, now where was I...? Oh yes, you closed your eyes as you felt a pair of lips touch yours..." Chica smirked.

"Don't be a cow! I'll go on your lame camping trip." You huffed.

"Wicked! Make sure to bring bug spray and sunscreen. Trust me, you'll need it. I'll come to pick you up from your dorm at 5pm tomorrow!" Chica grinned widely. She snarfed the rest of her food down before taking her leave. You sat there stunned at what had just transpired. With a hearty sigh, you shook your head feeling flustered. Chica was an annoying diva who loved to mess with you, but dang you loved having her as your bestie. Finishing up your lunch, you dragged on to your next class. The dreaded College Algebra.

...

"You did what Chica!?" Roxie squealed with a flustered face. "Tell me you did not just do that!"

"Don't be such a worry wart Roxiepoo, it's going to be fine!" Chica waved her hand nonchalantly.

"This is the worst thing ever Chica! You totally set me up to fail."

"I didn't do anything of the sort, I only invited my childhood bestie to come because college is so warped. It's heinous on everyone in the gang. So, this camping trip is a way to let all those bad vibes out." Chica shrugged as she loaded up her gear into the trunk of her 1980s rusty station wagon.