"Well, this is going to be a crazy shift..." (DJ Music Man x Fem Reader)

(Request by:  LaFerVillarroel )

(Word Count: 1,950 words)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sound of your alarm blaring sliced through your peaceful sleep. Groggily, you flipped to your side reaching out for your phone on the nightstand. You brought it close while your eyes adjusted to the sudden brightness. You felt your heart come to a skidding halt seeing what time it was. It was 7:30 pm meaning you were running late to work. Your shift had started at 7:00 pm.

You sprang out of bed like a frightened jackrabbit. You clumsily hurried to your bathroom to get ready. Dropping your phone in the piles of dirty laundry without having single care. You promptly did your evening routine and lazily tied your hair into a loose bun (if short, left it down).

Searching through the piles of dirty clothing, you managed to find a clean pair of jeans and a black t-shirt. You struggled to get your legs through the pant holes when your phone started to ring. Annoyed, you frantically threw clothes aside until you found your phone on the shaggy carpet. You clicked the answer button seeing it was your best co-worker friend Mary.

"Sup May, what's shaking?" You cringed internally at your social awkwardness.

"Where are you girl?!" Mary yelled into the phone.

"Chill May May, I just woke up late," you responded nonchalantly while fighting to put your clothing on. "I'll be there soon anyway."

"You better get your butt here asap before Bossman loses his crap." Mary huffed on the phone.

"Yea, yeah I'll be there Mom." You mockingly replied. "Just keep him distracted and oh yea make sure that blond brat Vanessa doesn't lock me out again."

"Whatever, just get here okay girl?" Mary sighed. "I'll see you soon."

You wrapped up the phone call and finally successfully got dressed. You snatched your wallet, car keys, and your windbreaker from the kitchen table. Hurrying out of your front door, you trotted towards the parking lot. It didn't take long for you to peel out in your beater car toward the huge pizza plex down the road.

You shoved a granola bar into your mouth while driving like a madwoman on the road. You quietly cursed yourself for being late again knowing your boss was going to rip you a new one. This was your third time being late this month. Honestly, you couldn't help it epically with you being a college student trying to balance work and school. Along with your insomnia attributing to your slow descent into madness.

You ran toward the front doors and tossed the wrapper in the outside waste bin. You could see a certain snotty blond standing there in her clean white uniform looking peeved off. You rolled your eyes while stepping inside the building.

"I see you finally showed up to work," Vanessa sneered seeing what you were wearing. "You couldn't even bother showing some initiative for your job?" This made your blood boil, every time you interacted with Vanessa, she was such a brat. Honestly, you were baffled by the sheer entitlement this woman had. Not to mention, Vanessa's weird authority complex just because of the badge she wore.

"Look sweetie, if I needed feedback from someone. That's going to be Mary and not you," you laughed. "Or heck, I would even ask the wet floor signs for advice." You watched Vanessa's face turn a beet red being flustered. You gave her a sly smile before you started walking to your post.

"How irritating, that stupid cow looks like sh..." Vanessa growled under her breath.

"Watch it, Vannie, this is a family establishment after all," You shot back in a singsong voice. "At least I know how fashion works instead of looking like a pristine poodle!" You could feel Vanessa's eyes burning holes in the back of your head. You shrugged her off while marching to your clocking-in station.