14

014 | man tracker"Grayson, stay back

014 | man tracker
"Grayson, stay back. Just stay there, alright?"

"WHAT are you doing?" Finn asks as the three of them finally catch up with the group.

Bellamy looks over to Finn, "we need the rope to get back up," he explains as he throws it down, tying the other end to a tree.

"Flashlight," Bellamy orders to another guy standing next to him.

He passed the flashlight over to Bellamy, who turns it on and begins to make it way down the steep hill while holding onto the rope.

"Did he see something?" Grayson questions one of the guys, James that came with them only to get a nod in return.

"It's hers," Bellamy calls out to the others, "I'm going all the way down," he states before counting his journey down the hill.

Jasper hands the torch over to Finn and follows right behind Bellamy all the while Grayson catches his brother's gaze — uneasy about what might happen.

"Oh, baby not again," his mother's words make his shoulders tighten up, looking away in shame, "you can't keep fighting his battles for him, Grayson."

His mother steps into the living space while Roseanne keeps Finn busy to give the mother and her son time to talk.

Grayson shrugs, "I wouldn't have to if those— if they stopped knocking him around," he mumbled with a frown.

Talia kneels in front of her son and places a gentle hand onto his cheek as her eyes try not to water, "and what if one of these days a fight gets you locked up?"

The words alone make Grayson flinch back, "it won't alright?" He sneers and moves his mother's hand away from his face, "besides without me, you wouldn't have to worry about getting Finn taken away."

"Grayson Collins, don't you dare say something like that again," Talia scolds as her face scrunches in anger, "you gone won't make your brother or my life any better, you hear me?"

Grayson glares towards his mother, "you really believe that, mom?" His words soft before he straightens his shoulders, "that— that fairytale you tell Finny that maybe one day we'll be together, like a real family?"

"Now Grayson—"

"No!" He shouts only to let out a scoff, "that'll never happen because we're floating on this piece of shit tin can where Finn's life wouldn't be given a chance before he's thrown away!"