23

023 | a prison in one's mind"he wouldn't be fighting this fucking sickness if I hadn't left quarantine

"he wouldn't be fighting this fucking sickness if I hadn't left quarantine."

     GRAYSON comes to with the sight of Octavia hovering over him, eyes furrowing as she frowns, "hey, you alright?"

"Gray?" Bellamy mumbles from beside him.

Grayson nods before looking to see Bellamy laid out on a mattress in the drop-ship next to him, "hey, big guy," the sight of blood smeared on Bellamy's cheek makes him frown and avoid his eyes.

"Just get some rest now, okay?" Octavia says to Bellamy who keeps his eyes trained on Grayson.

"Yeah, you should get some—" the feeling of Bellamy's hand grabbing onto his makes Grayson meet his eyes.

Bellamy tightens his hold on Grayson's hand as his eyes slowly begin to shut, falling asleep almost instantly.

"Wow," Octavia says making Grayson look to her in surprise, forgetting she was there, "so, you and my brother?"

Grayson shakes his head and sits up, "there's no—" a wave of dizziness makes him shut his eyes and hold his head in his hand.

Octavia places a hand on Grayson's shoulder until he looks up, "there's no me and your brother, Octavia," Grayson mumbles as he slowly removes his other hand from Bellamy's loose hold.

Octavia huffs as she watches Grayson slowly begin to take off his mask, "really?" She asks, "so, you and Bellamy just casually hold—"

"I did it to help him after Dax tried to kill us," Grayson says with a shrug as he throws the mask onto the floor, "it worked with Finn when we were kids, figured it'd help him."

"And so now he just holds your hand whenever he needs to?" Octavia asks before she scoffs, "yeah, I don't believe that."

"Look, Octavia—"

"No," Octavia says as she shakes her head, "I know my brother, alright? He wouldn't do that with anyone."

Grayson looks at Octavia and raises an eyebrow knowing he saw Bellamy holding her hand when he woke up.

"I'm his sister, dumbass," Octavia says as she moves closer to Grayson, "I just mean that he'd never do that with anyone else, my brother doesn't just accept help, alright?

Octavia looks back over to her brother, "I would know," she mumbles and looks back at Grayson who's staring down at his hands, "look at him and Clarke, they're constantly at each other's throats."