Chapter Two

"Hey." A voice called to me. It was Jase's voice. Better known as Jason Price.

"What?" I spun around. 

"So, the boys and I are going out this Friday, after the game. You in?" He asked. I rolled my eyes. We'd been over this before. 

"Jase, you know the guys wouldn't accept me. Besides, I'm really not interested." Yeah, in being broken all over again.

"Come on Kitty, loosen up. They'll accept ya just find as long as I'm there." He said slinging an arm around me. I flinched and shook him off. I hated being touched.

"I really ca-" 

"I won't take no for an answer." He interrupted. I glared at the blond boy and his twitching lips.

"Alright, but keep me away from Gage. I'm not going near your monster of a twin." Gage really was awful. Before I accepted the name he gave me, he called me it all the time. Taunting me. Even getting the cheerleaders to decorate my locker on my birthday, a glittery neon sign reading: 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY KITTEN' in big letters. Might not have been so bad if I hadn't been shot with confetti when I opened my locker.

"Don't you worry bout him, he's just jealous," Jase said.

"Of what, you forcing me into doing things with you?" It was my turn to get a glare. The final bell rang signaling the end of Thursday. Really, I just wanted to get home and dream of Him again. Not Gage, not Jason, just the mysterious boy of my dreams.

Jase walked me home. We didn't talk much, and I was glad. Ever since Jase's sudden interest in me a month ago, I'd been getting way more attention from my classmates then I'd ever had before, and wanted. Not even my long black hair would hide my face from the students who wispered about me behind my back, or the jocks who tried to trip me in the hall. I don't know if you guessed, but I'm kinda a loner, with my only friends being Jase, Colin, and Matt. Three guys I still have a hard time trusting. They are good for one thing though. I love football and soccer, any sport really. When we go out to play, my competitive side wins over and I'm free.

"Keylime," Grandma called.

"Mam?"

"Who was that boy walking you home?" she asked. I cringed. I thought I left Jase far enough from the house.

"Just a friend."

"Mmm. Why not invite him over for dinner? Any boyfriend of yours better be manly enough to face the Granny of da house." She winked at me.

I glared real hard, "He insists on walking me home since I refuse to drive. I don't like him that way."

"So, how long have you two been together?"

I glared at her again before marching to my room.