Chapter Twelve

*Important: Not everyone saw Chapter Eleven, I would recommend going backwards so that you will understand.*

After the nurse gave me my shot and finished eye-raping Pier, we checked out of the hospital. Pier was in a foul mood but it was more at himself than me. He kept looking over at me while driving and I could feel the guilt radiating off of him.

"Angel, if I had known you were allergic to watermelon I never would have thrown it at you." I saw it was really killing him but a small sadistic part of me wanted to ignore him and watch him show real pain.

"It's fine. It's my fault for starting a food fight anyways," I put my hand on his shoulder and he stiffened, swerving off the road some, "Besides, how the hell was I supposed to know you had watermelon anyways? It was quite random."

"Your Grandmother has been calling you. I told her what happened and she wanted you to call her back when you were okay." 

"Is that all she said?" Pier turned his head away from me and I swore there was the slightest tinge of a blush on his face.

"Um, no." Pier's voice was casual but I could already imagine what embarrassing things she said to him over the phone.

"Well, tell me whatever she said cause I'm gettin' a little nervous."

Pier let out an awkward chuckle and brushed his hands through his thick black hair. "She wants to know how you caught a fine thing like me. She said she could just imagine how amazing my sexy body felt and was already having dreams about my 'husky masculine voice'." 

Oh Dear Lord, Gran went all pedophile on him. I was internally hyperventilating and dying of embarrassment. "Um, yeah, that's Gran for yah." I tried to brush it off but even I could hear the underlying 'Oh My God she didn't" in my voice.

"Oh yeah, she wanted me to tell you that your dad was picking you up tonight." Pier looked at ease after changing the subject but unfortunately it was the opposite for me. I tensed and prayed he didn't notice that this was a touchy subject.

"Yeah," I said casually, "What day is it anyways?" 

"Friday."

"What? I was supposed to be in school today!" If he hadn't thrown watermelon at me I-

"You said last night that you were 'sick' today and could spend the day with me. Don't you remember?" Pier smirked at me and my face flushed a bit in embarrassment. Oh yeah.

"Ugh. And I wouldn't be in this situation now if I had." I let out a dramatic sigh.

Pier jutted out his jaw and bit his lip looking angry. And sexy, but mostly angry. "Jeez, Pearly I was just kidding. I had fun today, before the hospital visit, of course." I tried giving him a teasing smile, nervous I had gone to far calling him a white shiny thing.

Pier continued to stare out at the road with a blank expression on his face. I stuck my lower lip out; he was such a baby. I turned towards him to say something but he was already looking at me with a big grin.

"Chill out Kitten, I'm just thinking." His smile lifted my spirits and he looked like an angel, leaning forward to mess up my messy dark hair.

"You look nice when you smile, Pier." I lifted up the corner of my lips and gave him a lopsided smile.

"Oh, and I don't look nice when I'm not?" I could tell he was pleased with my comment because he was smiling contently, eyes still on the rode.

"Less intimidating. Like a teddy bear."