11: wrong

After taehyung had made his way out of the alley yesterday he returned to his room sleeping the stressed feeling away. sadly when he woke up it wasn't gone. The things Jungkook said kept him thinking all day. He couldn't even focus during the meeting his father had. It made his father angry a few times but taehyung was so lost in his mind that he didn't really realize much of it until he was alone with his father in the room.

"Kim Taehyung! You pay me respect and pay attention when there is being spoken!" his father shouted with a deep frown on his face. "You are nothing but a disgrace! don't make me look like a fool. People do not need to see what a worthless son I have! i do not need judging eyes on me, you better behave f you want to stay here"

"But father, i-"

"Don't talk back at me, i will not tolerate it from you"

"Why can't you just be nice to me. I am your son!" Taehyung frowned, he didn't want to hear his fathers words. As much as he knew it he didn't want to hear him say them each time, it did hurt. He preferred to just stick to knowing that hearing it over and over again.

"because you are not a son of me. Your brother was my real son. He was strong, a true leader. but you. you can't even win from one vampire. I haven't seen you bring in any heads yet. You failed in every task I gave you. you shouldn't even have my name. But sadly I can't take it from you that easily. if i could i would already have done it" his father hissed back standing threateningly close to the other. It made Taehyung very uncomfortable.

"I never do anything right for you!"

"no you don't, now get out of my sight before i choke you"

"you wouldn't...'' Taehyung stepped back a little surprised to hear those words.

"Watch me" his father squinted his eyes and that was enough for taehyung to quickly leave the room with a heavy heart.

in the hallway he bumped into someone. the man gasped and swung an arm around him walking him somewhere more private.

"Taehyung, what happened. are you okay?" It was namjoon. he saw Taehyung's red eyes and got worried.

"i-im fine"

"I don't think you should stay here, your father clearly doesn't like you. What if he does something to you? I can't help your forever"

"Joon. let it be. it's my choice, don't try to change my mind" taehyung said and wiped his eyes not wanting to cry.

"You're so stubborn" namjoon ruffled taehyung's hair.

"I learned it from you so stop complaining," Taehyung chuckled.

"Lets go to the field, we have a hard training to go through. you need to work on your speed today so don't expect mercy from me today. i will make you run until your feet burn"

"fine with me," Taehyung grinned. As they were heading to the training fields, Namjoon spoke up again.

"how about we go have dinner together in the city?"

"sure!"

"take your mind off things for a while. you seemed really distracted today. Is something bothering you?"

"oh, that, im fine. dont worry about me"

"If you say so. you know i'm here for you. whatever choice you make. I may be assigned as your supervisor but I do really see you as a friend. you know that."

"I know. thank you" taehyung smiled and poked Namjoon's dimple.

"yah, hands off my face pretty boy"

"im strong, so watch your tone or else i will fight you"

"oh you want to fight me?" namjoon raised a brow. "is that a challenge"

"no" taehyung quickly said not want to actually fight. He knew he would lose it anyway. Namjoon was way stronger and more experienced than him.

"then you better get your ass running. 6 rounds around the field. you get five minutes to finish"

"Six!?"

"Times ticking," Namjoon grinned.

"yah! you're mean!" Taehyung whined and sprinted away.

-

That evening after his dinner with Namjoon Taehyung stared out of his opened window. Feeling the cold breeze on his skin. The moon shined onto his skin making him almost glow. It was a silent night. The field next to the building was empty, no one was training. not a single hunter was seen there. Almost everyone was sleeping. besides taehyung. He couldn't sleep. His mind was thinking of what Jungkook said. The vampire saw right through him and confronted him with the things taehyung preferred to avoid. but maybe it was what he needed. the little push towards the right direction?

He sighed and leaned his head on his arms staring at the moon. why was he even here? Jungkook is right, he wasn't happy. He doesn't even want to be a hunter, he doesn't want to live this kind of life. it didn't feel right. yet he couldn't find it in him to leave. He was so driven to prove himself to his father and earn his respect and support that he dug himself into a hole. but now he realized this and he couldn't stop thinking.

'what do i want?....' he thought to himself and looked up again. He wasn't sure what he did want. He didn't know what was right anymore. But then his mind went empty and he looked at the grass outside of his window. "Jeon Jungkook..." he muttered. his heart began thumping fast in his chest a fluttering feeling went through him as he thought of the vampire. "No no no" he shook his head and sat down on his bed frustrated. "I can't, it's not allowed."

As much as he tried to get rid of the vampire inside his head he couldn't do it. it kept coming back. it made him feel the feeling he knew he shouldn't feel. not for a vampire. not him. "I can't..." he sighed and looked down. "why do i want him..." He looked at his opened window again and hesitated for a few seconds. "Jungkook?" he said softly.

nothing.

"Why did I even try.." he rolled his eyes at himself. "you make yourself look like a fool, there is no way he will somehow be here." but then he felt a cold breath fan over the back of his neck.

"Of course i would come, little rose~"

---

vkook is starting to happen kekke. 

thank you for reading. see you in the next chapter!

🌼🌼🌼