13: running away

Taehyung felt a strong wave of warmth wash over him. his heart was beating so fast he couldn't calm down. But what will he do? He didn't want to do anything. He should do something, he should push him away, she should call for help, hw should have killed him the first time they met. He should have done so many things. but the truth was something he can't run from. He can't hide the fact forever that he does want the vampire to be around. He doesn't want to Kill him now. He was sure they were indeed mates. what else would explain his feelings and senses, he knew it when the other was nearby. he could feel his presence.

Jungkook had prepared himself for an angry taehyung but it never came. The boy on top of him started kissing back tilting his head for more. It was a good moment. Jungkook knew he would find a mate again, he just knew it. He moved up and rolled the human under him with a grin. pinning him to the mattress.

"I won the bet little rose," Jungkook said, his red eyes staring into the other's.

"It seems you did, '' Taehyung said with a sigh. "now don't stop"

Jungkook chuckled and kissed the other again, feeling the human's warm hands on his neck and arm. The two were so in their own moment that Jungkook almost missed the footsteps in the hallway coming closer. He noticed it too late. The door flew open before he could warn the hunter about it.

"Taehyung?" A man said. "Your father wish to speak with you"

"o-oh" taehyung stood up from his bed glancing around. He wondered where jungkook was now.

"something wrong?"

"no"

"what's on your neck, did you hurt yourself?" The man stepped closer; he was sure the boy didn't have that this morning.

"it's nothing" taehyung covered his neck and stepped back. "i will be right with him"

"hm. okay" the man looked around for a few seconds and then slowly left the room. "I will let him know.."

Taehyung let out a relieved sigh when the door closed and the man was gone. Suddenly Jungkook was next to him again.

"I didn't notice him"

"Where did you go so quickly?"

"in your corner, it's dark enough to hide." Jungkook said. "but i can't always teleport, it takes energy if it do it too much.'' The vampire stopped talking and looked at the other. "so...i won the bet"

"yes we know that already" taehyung crossed his arms averting his eyes.

"what will it be? Are you coming with me or not?"

"its not like i have something to be for here anymore. i will ever be one of them. i will be at your side, I.....i have to" taehyung muttered the last part. he likes these feelings too much to ignore them again. Jungkook was right, he was never born to be with his father, he was born to be with Jungkook. So he will walk the path that was made for him. he will find who he needs to be.

"We can plan a date, how about that?"

"a date?" taehyung raised his brow "you can't even walk in the sun"

"I sure can, ever heard of a hat?" Jungkook replied, taking the same position as taehyung and raising his brow.

"yah, don't mock me! I'll kill you!"

"like i haven't heard that before '' jungkook rolled his eyes. "you still have to learn to be confident. you will never take any life at this rate."

"shut up, i can kill, just not...you"

"you will have to"

"what?"

"huh?'' Jungkook said, looking away. "oh, it's time to go. your hunter friends are coming back. "

"How will I get out of here?"

"pack a small bag, i will wait for you here, i can get you out safely. call me when you're ready '' Jungkook said and suddenly disappeared.

-

After the boy got ready he went to see his father as told. but he did not come there to listen, he came to speak. without knocking he barged inside the hall. walking to his father who stood near the big meeting table.

"Father!"

"Taehyung! what gives you the-"

"Shut it!'' Taehyung snapped and pointed his finger with a glare. "I do not listen to you anymore, I am done with you. I don't need you. I will walk my own path now. I will be better than you, I will be who I am meant to be. Someone mother would be proud of"

"don't speak about her!"

"I can say whatever I want!"

"you're such a problematic child! i should have left you there when i had the chance"

"you won't have to worry about that anymore, because you won't see me again," Taehyung said and stepped back, heading to the door.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"I am leaving, goodbye, father" with that the young hunter slammed the door behind him and ran to his bedroom. He didn't have much time, he was in big trouble now. He locked his door and pushed his cupboard in front of it. taking the small backpack he opened the window looking around.

"Jungkook?" he whispered.

"I'm here" the vampire's voice was heard.

"I thought you might have left. "

"Why would I do that?" Jungkook chuckled and took Taehyung's hand, helping him out of the window to the ground. He will guide hij safely into the forest where they will have the advantage.

"I don't know....you're like...a vampire?"

"i am a vampire but i don't lie to you like that"

"hmm, okay"

"Stay close, I know a safe route," Jungkook said as they ran off. during their escape taehyung was thinking. He never would have thought he would choose the side of a vampire. he never would dare to see himself running away with one like this, he never even thought he would be a vampire's mate. His whole life took a turn to something he never expected. It felt wrong and against anything he learned that he likes. He likes going against these rules.... and he was ready to break more.

---

thank you for reading. i hope this wasnt too bad... heh. 

see you in next chapter!

🌼🌼🌼