20: date

-two days later-

"Taehyungie, you're coming with me?" Jungkook called from the hallway.

"why?" Taehyung asked, walking from the living room.

"Because we are going to the city together. that's why"

"now? this late?" Taehyung looked outside, seeing it was so dark.

"uhm yea, i can't walk in the sun remember?"

"ah yes"

"Now you're coming or not?"

"Give me a minute. i need shoes"

-

After Taehyung got his things they headed out to the city. Jungkook said he was going to take taehyung to a restaurant.

"But you can't eat human food?" Taehyung asked while they were walking towards the restaurant.

"no i can not"

"Why go to a restaurant?"

"because I heard humans say this was delicious food. and i assumed you would like to go eat at a restaurant, something other than my home"

"That's really sweet" Taehyung smiled happily knowing Jungkook thinks of him.

"I will just get some water or just some salt, i wont taste anything else anyway" jungkook shrugged. "and were here"

"Welcome you two!" The waiter greeted them. "Did you reserve a table?"

"ah....no...I forgot to do that. but do you have a spot, it's a date" jungkook said and in the corner of his eyes he saw taehyung look at him immediately.

"I will see if I can do something for you," the waiter smiled and excused himself before leaving.

"this is a date?" Taehyung asked, turning to the vampire next to him.

"Well, of course it is, '' Jungkook shrugged with a grin. "we've kissed but i don't remember going on a date before hmm"

Taehyung smiled and shook his head. He didn't mind calling this a date. He was having a good time so far, he was having a lot of fun.

"I'm sorry sir, but we're fully booked," the water said apologetically. "Maybe the sunrise has a spot free. My friend works there and said they had some free spots there earlier today."

"That's too bad, but thank you anyway. we will visit the sunrise then" Jungkook said and turned around leaving the restaurant with the human.

"You're quite polite for a vampire"

"I can do it. I just prefer not to in some situations. it's much more fun to play around than to fit in the whole '' Jungkook said. "and besides i am on a date so i have to behave a little"

"i like this you, it's so less stressful"

"you think i am stressful?" jungkook raised his brows. "i'm offended"

"i am seriously questioning if you're really jungkook or not"

"Whatever" Jungkook chuckled and they crossed the street. but he suddenly halted in his steps and turned around. He stared into a pair of red eyes a few meters behind them. Another vampire.

"oh, you're one of us." the vampire said.

"well sort of, yes"

Taehyung turned around confused and saw the vampire too. He looked at Jungkook, not sure if he should be worried or not.

"The human got quite the strong blood smell."

"hmm he does. shouldn't you be going on with your night. I don't think you want to get in a fight with me" Jungkook's eyes darkened and he stepped aside having taehyung behind him. He does not trust this situation at all. but this vampire didn't seem like such a big threat, he wasn't a strong one. Jungkook could tell.

"Oh, is that a challenge?"

"Are you deaf?" Jungkook raised a brow and his eyes turned yellow.

"shit" the vampire stepped back and glanced at the human. "I will get you another time!" then he ran away.

Jungkook chuckled and looked at Taehyung as if he was expecting something. "well? What are you waiting for? go kill him. test the things i taught you"

"what me?"

"Yes you, you big boy vampire hunter or whatever. Come on don't be scared"

"I am NOT scared" Taehyung frowned and ran after the vampire, annoyed.

"how exciting" jungkook walked into a different street and stretched his hands and arms while walking.

Meanwhile Taehyung was catching up on the vampire.

"Hey! want my blood?" he shouted and the vampire halted turning around. "come fight me for it"

"oehh feisty, i like that"

"Don't get your hopes up" taehyung said and looked around but he came to realise jungkook wasn't with him. That's when he got worried about the current situation. He didn't have Jungkook to save him here. "Shit" he muttered and grabbed his knife. now regretting not bringing any other weapon.

The vampire noticed it too and chuckled before charging forward, his fangs out to bite right away. but Taehyung was faster than he calculated and he missed. the human kicked the vampire knocking him to the ground. The vampire groaned and jumped back up with a chuckle.

"you're stronger than i thought"

"to kill the likes of you '' Taehyung hissed. but then he halted. no, he wasn't a hunter like that. He was over it. Good vampires exist. He had met them. not everyone was a monster. Taehyung suddenly got knocked over wich shook him out of his daze. The vampire was in front of his face and baring its teeth.

but suddenly a rain pipe flew at his head and knocked the vampire off him.

"right in the face, perfect hit. again" Jungkook's voice was heard and taehyung sat up.

"Jungkook!"

"Hello little rose. im back" Jungkook smiled bending down to pat taehyung's hair. "Well I never left but oh well, that's just details" he turned to the vampire on the ground who was getting up and sighed. "too bad i will have to kill you now. nah, i will enjoy every second of it" he chuckled. his yellow eyes making the vampire shiver in fear.

"P-plea-"

Jungkook did not listen and grabbed the man's hair and shoulder and ripped off his head. He dropped the two parts on the ground and gasped dramatically. "Oh my bad, did you say something?" but his smile faded into a glare. "annoying rats"

"I had it all under control!"

"didn't look like it. i don't even get a 'thank you'" jungkook walked away with taehyung rolling his eyes behind him.

"If you just waited a few seconds"

"then you would have been bitten and died from infection."

"No-"

"That's exactly what would have happened! don't argue with me when it comes to vampires. if one of them bites you you're dead!"

"but-"

"I don't want you dead or hurt alright. If I see one thing go wrong I have to step in. I know you're not strong enough yet and i get worried." Jungkook said and continued walking. "can we go eat now, i want to finish this date positively"

"Sorry," Taehyung said softly. Jungkook had a point. It made Taehyung feel a little bad. Jungkook was just worried for him.

---

thank you for reading again. i am so lost in this story. i was gonna write things but i dont remember what i had planned here eh- so i will  make a new route to the ending i had in mind. anyway. see you in the next update hopefully, if anyone is still here heh.

🌼🌼🌼