Chapter Four

Taven's Pov
For quite the passing months it went by with simple ease. Despise the very dangerous little thing I was doing lying to a federal agent, being this close to his young child. I just know the longer I prolong and got close to Aaron the more hurt I was gonna be in the in coming future.

For the most part my fake credentials of Autumn Young seemed to hold up for many months, and finally my favorite month of October hit, all things spooky and scary were happening filled with horror movies, candy my all time favorite and different sweets. Like I had promise I always was watching Jack when Jessica wasn't able to, we had been deciding on his Halloween costume even though Halloween was technically three days away.

"You know sweetie, sometimes the best costumes you find at the last minute but Halloween is like three days away." I said through my soft laughter both of us flipping through page after page he couldn't find a single thing he wanted to be. Like all kids you could tell he was growing irritated and pouty.

"I went as daddy the other year! He's my hero I wanna be... I don't know something cool." I snorted through my soft laughter stroking at his hair, swaying him deeply.

"I'm dressing up as a cat, cause I like cats but I'm allergic to them. What's something you like that is besides your dad being a an awesome agent?" I teased him, tickling at his sides getting loud laughter from the adorable little boy who beamed at me softly.

"I like superheros! Can I match with you and be a puppy?" I looked at him a soft giggle leaving me gently, nodding my head with softness.

"I think I can hand make your costume actually tonight. Let's get started yeah?" He was already so excited jumping off my lap rushing to grab the tape measure and all. I stood up, a faint smile grew on my expression with a tight look.

I hated how fond I was growing of this boy... I wanted to protect him and see him happy, and the very same was how I felt about his dad as well. He wouldn't understand.. At all how the past greatly shapes you especially in such a negative way.

______________________________
"Dad no looking! I'm coming out!" I held back a soft giggle shifting my attention to Aaron who had mindlessly fixed the black cat ears that was mixed into my large bed of curls on display, dropping his hand down with amusement twisting his body left and right.

"I'm not looking buddy! I'm curious though." I playfully swayed the tail to my costume speaking to Aaron who had glanced back over at me for a moment the curiosity not leaving his face at all.

"I made his costume I hope that was okay." I said through soft giggles, watching the way his eyes grew wide in shock, turning his body to face me even more.

"You made his costume Autumn?! You didn't have to, I promise to repay you." I made a small noise with a loud whine, shaking my head quickly.

"Aaron there's no need for that. It was really fun he helped add little designs of was creative and I enjoy being around him and you both. Gives me a purpose." I mumbled that more to myself rubbing at the material of the long black sleeved shirt, his gaze was intense on my own, before he wrapped his arms around me bringing me into a side hug, smiling down at me.

"Thank you really, you've been an amazing friend and I appreciate everything you've done." I gently patted at his sides and back mumbling back a soft you're welcome before pulling away from the hug watching Jack had quickly came out proudly showing off his dog costume. Aaron took one glance before the loudest laugh left the usual stoic male, his hand pressing under his chin firmly.

"Oh my gosh... I shouldn't have even expected anything else, I should have guessed when she walked in dressed as a cat." He shook with even more laughter his fingers moving to pinch at the bridge of his nose shaking with soft laughter as he did so.

Jack proudly rushed over to hug my happily, peering up at me before he rushed over to hug Aaron as well. "Isn't Autumn so cool dad?! She made this I'm gonna get so much candy." I shook my head through my own laughter handing him over his candy bag which he took, sending them both a playful wink grabbing my bag close to me.

"You really are, plus you are cute Jack all the candy will be yours." He beamed jumping up and around his puppy tail attached to his costume moving roughly. Aaron was still laughing before he was leading the both of us out off the apartment building, locking it up, turning back towards me. I flashed him a soft smile as we started walking down the hall.

"You worked a bunch of cases this week? How did they go?" He let out a small noise shaking his head with a chuckle folding his arms roughly over his chest.

"Same old, same old evil people in the world found evil things. How did things go while I was away?" I breathed out a small noise as I also chuckled.

"Energetic as always. But nothing I can't handle."