Chapter Six

Aaron's Pov
I found myself growing quite nervous with the days nearing to finally just letting the nervousness face as it could. I don't know why perhaps it was Because I hadn't done any serious dating, not since before I married Haley, and even after her death, dating wasn't never one on my mind a few friendly ones here and there. Though I rarely found myself meeting new people to a personal level like I had with Autumn.

I just wanted to get Jack and me through the hardest parts of our life, and then here came Autumn swooping in with ease and making me smile and laugh every minute she was already. Seeing the way she was with Jack made me melt and endlessly in the many months of knowing her I found myself drawn to her smile, and her hugs.

Was I mentality prepared for starting a new chapter in my life of dating and was she prepared for it as well? It left so many questions but it left nothing to the imagination that she was more than enough for me. The flight back from a long case had kept us all in another state for longer than a week. Three weeks was too long in my opinion to catch a group of unsubs.

I found myself smiling down at my phone looking at the photos Autumn has sent me of Jack fast asleep on the couch with her. He had fallen asleep sometime during the face call we had done not too long ago, I knew my phone was gonna end up dying sooner rather than later and had to cut it short.

"Well well, there goes the stare of a man falling in love." I snapped my head up for a moment briefly sending Rossi a smile when he sat across from me with a small grunt setting down his glass of dark liquor and files smiling my way. Ignoring the loud exorcism that left Reid who was playing cards with Emily.

"What? Theres no way I never lose."

"Hey Dave, no Autumn just sent me some pictures of Jack." He tilted his head lifting the glass to his lips with a small hum and all speaking.

"Autumn hmm? You guys must be getting serious yeah." I put my phone on sleep mode resting it across the little table.

"We are in our official first dating steps taking it slow and all. But I like being around her Dave. She makes me llsmile and happy. She's.. The opposite of me, she has her dark goth fashion and then the modes of just being soft." He was studying me a smile growing as he chuckled.

  "Aaron relax for me would you, I'm not judging you. I'm happy you are back in the dating scene and are having something happy to go home to. We all are happy. Everyone likes Autumn." I found myself keeping my eyes locked on him fully. I've known him too long I could see something was bugging him.

"But?"  I was urging him to continue since he went into thought with a daze expression glancing out the window like he had much more on his mind and in place.

"I know Garcia already did like a background check on her and everything. But I can't shake the feeling that I've seen her before and it's not like in the alarming kind of way- well kind of." I gestured with my hand for him to continue a little.

"A long time ago, I took a case to help out law enforcement in a few states. It was you know just building a profile it was more than three murders in under a week Aaron. It was body after body all killing methods different then the last. After a while I profiled it as a team. One woman and a man I helped interview a lot of couples. There was one, typical alpha male and shy girl type things. Looked exactly like Autumn." I pressed my fist to rest onto the side of my head twisting my face up quickly with a shake to my head.

"I don't know Dave, Autumn wouldn't really hurt a fly. She screams when she sees a spider or rats outside when we take walks. She's really good with Jack. I don't think she could be a killer when she barely can kill flies. But I will say she has the fastest reflexes I have ever seen anyone have, always looking over her shoulder, sometimes she can get a bit jumpy." Dave chuckled with another hum.

"Of course you'll think that cause she is your girlfriend and you spend all the time with her." I found myself just blurting out more things about Autumn.

"She also freaks out at the sight of blood, her own. If Jack gets hurt or even my own." Rossi just chuckled even more dismissing away the topic leaning forward joking as he spoke, drowning the rest of his drink in one go lifting up the paper files in his hold, shaking them firmly.

"Yes yes I can see that you are whipped for the girl Aaron, be careful." I found myself faintly smiling looking out the window sinking my shoulders back a little.