Chapter Five

Taven's Pov
I found myself for once in a bit of a struggle. I could handle catching kids before they fell, from my last experiences of all my self defense, and reflex training from being paid to kill for hire. My body count was.. A little large in numbers counting me having a partner who controlled everything about what we did, when we did. It left fractured pieces inside my mind non stop.

At the beginning I never wanted to hurt anyone, but that's what every victim said. Till the beatings came, and the yelling soon he shaped me into what he needed in a romantic partner and a assassin one as well.   It was, part of what profilers would say is my trauma and triggers. I fled as quickly as I could away from him and all of that.

I shook my head focusing on lifting up the sluggish little boy keeping over my shoulder his warmth was radiating all over the place. I thought his fever had broke by now. I could handle anything thrown at me. But sick Jack Hotchner? I was struggling so much.

His Aunt Jessica had called me while I was at work saying she had to run into work, she informed me that Jack was sick and I knew the basics of colds, medicine, break the fever down, make sure they eat a bit all that. It was going well till Jack wanted his dad. I kept calm but seeing those little tears and the coughs leaving him. I had to at least let him see his dad.

The blanket stayed secured around his back, after going through the long process of giving my fake i.d and getting a visitors pass, I found myself walking through the bustling views of agents everywhere. It was overwhelming at best. I rubbed at Jack's back to ease him a bit feeling him nuzzling his head weakly against my cheek.

"I know sweetie, but you'll see your dad I promise." I kissed at the top of his head gently walking over to an agent who flashed me kind smile my way.

"Hello there ma'am how may I help you?" She asked tilting her head at me, her blonde hair flying into her green eyes.

"Hi there, uh sorry there's a lot going here. Can you get Aaron Hotchner to come see me? I'm one of his babysitters and Jack wants to see him." I moved the blanket so she could see the little boy, her eyes rounded before she nodded fast rushing up a flight of stairs.

She left me chuckling quietly bouncing and swaying the sick boy a boy. She sure did know how to work fast because no less than a minute Aaron had came out climbing down the stairs a look of worry across his face meeting me half way.

"Hey Autumn what's the matter? Is everything okay? Is he hurt." Dad mode was activated so quick like. I found myself chuckling shaking my head fast like.

"No no, he's just a little crabby and sick and he wanted you. I'm sorry I just freaked out a bit I suppose. A sick child is were it challenges me." He looked relieved his shoulders sinking back before, he smiled my way.

"Sick children is everyone's freak out mode. Jack you promised to be good for Aunt Jessica and Autumn." The boy was quick to make grabby hands with a soft whine Aaron held his arms out, I passed him over with the blanket both me and Aaron chatting quietly with one another.

"He's had medicine I broke his fever about an hour ago, but it looks like it came back." He was nodded his head at me each time patting at Jack's back.

"Thank you Autumn for bringing him." I smiled more just relived like.

"Who's that woman over there talking to Hotch? I've never seen that man smile that much in my entire life."

"He's been smiling for approximately ten minutes now-"

"New girlfriend! She's so gorgeous she is what I use to be like?"

"Maybe we should go say hi-?"

"I swear I've seen her face before..."

All those voices seemed to be overlapping with one another over mine and Aaron's conversation, I had then turned my body to face the group who had made their way towards all three of us.   "Hey Hotch, who is this lovely lady?" I found myself smiling yet again, placing my hands behind my back peering back at Aaron who cleared his throat gently.

"Everyone this is Autumn, she helps babysit Jack for me. When Jessica can't. Autumn my team." I smiled at them gently, though they were profilers I knew every movement they were studying me and keeping their eyes peered on me the entire time.

"Hello yes I'm Autumn, I'm a good friend of Aaron's and all."

"Well hello there Autumn, I'm Derek, that's Reid, then Emily, JJ, Rossi and Garcia." I smiled greeting them all as they greeted me but I had slightly tensed up at Rossi, god.. How could I forget almost getting caught by him so long ago. So close yet so far.

"Are you guys dating?" Garcia was quick to move through everyone beaming as she bounced as quickly as she could, you could tell the shyness now took over the both of us, having me clearing my throat roughly and Aaron having a quick red hue that faded so fast like with ease.

"Not yet." He muttered taking a glance at me, leaving more shyness pooling within me.

"I'm sorry to budge in while you all are working." I caught Jack with ease when Aaron placed him back into my arms seeing he had fallen into a deep sleep snoring away now on my neck.

"Oh no we always love meeting someone close to Hotch it's always interesting." Derek smirked slightly leaving me studying him with a smile back.

"Here I'll walk you out so you don't get lost." I waved my hand waving goodbye to his team with a smile locking eyes with Rossi one last time who, gave me a small smile in return.

"So what was that about us not dating yet?"

"I still need to ask you out on a date. So will you?"