Chapter One

Taven's Pov
It was always the same things different day in repeat. Virginia was still a state I was getting use to. It wasn't too hot, wasn't too cold, wasn't a foreign place but it still had its perks.  They had quite the coffee shops that because a second home to me. And my apartment was decked out in my favorite color black.

I scanned my eyes around a bit walking the sidewalk boredom was coursing through me with so much lengths. My job gave everyone the week off because of a flood that happened with the plumbing so it just left me to wander the streets in my thoughts.

I twirled one of my large twin braids around my finger a big looking for some new shops to fill my need for black clothing when I glanced towards the crosswalk, I noticed this small little adorable boy who seemed very distracted by the cars.

And I wasn't surprised most boys his age were obsessed with cars, trucks, and superheroes. All that good stuff.

My guess was he was around three maybe four. He was so tiny but where is his parents? It seemed like time was slowing down and I was quick to sprint over to the crosswalk just before his tiny foot stepped over the line.

I swooped him up just when the truck rushed by placing him on my hip. Breathing heavy like at the sight, before I fully allowed myself to relax with ease once I knew the little guy was out of harms way.

"Careful there little guy, you would have ended up a pancake," I muttered seeing his large round eyes stare at me.  He was quite clueless to what was going on around him. Actually made me miss it the child like innocence that you didn't have to worry about anything around you.

"Now where's your parents?" I questioned but I then heard a loud voice shouting a name.

"Jack! Oh my god, Jack what did I say about running off like that." I saw a slight older taller man came running over and the boy clung to me slightly putting his hand in his mouth.

"I'm sorry daddy I saw a truck." He muttered around his hand making me release a small smile and chuckle holding him close.  The man looked visually stressed but relaxed before he looked at me.

"Daddy this pretty lady saved me." The boy Jack giggled making me smile.

"Perfect place perfect time little guy looks like you gave your dad a scare. " I chuckled seeing the man also chuckle.

"You have no idea.  He's at the stage where he you know wanders off thank you really." I smiled nodding my head, trying to hand Jack over but he then just grabbed at one of the braids lightly playing with it staring in my eyes.

"Your eyes are purple how are they like that?" He innocently making me snort but bounce him slightly on my hips.

"Those are called contacts little guy but I think your daddy almost had a heart attack so can you pretty please let my hair go?" I asked him. Me and his dad were laughing quietly.

"Pretty." He whined again and the man looked apologetic to me.

"I'm so sorry." He chuckled. "Jack." He called his name but he was in his own world.

"It's okay he is just curious." I laughed it off before shifting him watching him hold his hand out for me.

"I'm Aaron Hotchner. " He introduced himself while I shook his head. Alright girly I'm quite positive this is an FBI agent what's a name you can give him that sounds real which fake identity can I use?

I smiled shaking his hand in return. "It's nice to meet you Aaron my name is Autumn Young." I nodded my head a few times knowing if he looked me up or had to look that was the identity I had taken on.

Jack seemed to be very interested in playing with my hair while I talked with him. "Alright Jack, I think Autumn is busy and we have to go remember."

Aaron when he was talking to his son it was so soft and gentle very different from his demeanor and my old habits came out. Me profiling which means he must be one as well studying me.

"But daddy I wanna play with her." I smiled gently before I handed him over to Aaron which he took him.

"You know what little guy that is not a bad idea, but how about this if your daddy thinks it's okay maybe one day I can play with you okay," I reassured him. God, this was the cutest freaking kid ever.

I wanted him as my own those chubby cheeks. "Well if it's alright with Autumn sure maybe we can have a few playmates Jack what do you say?" Aaron smiled at the boy when he waved his hand at me.

"Thank you miss for saving me." I cooed awing  before I dug through my purse to hand Aaron a note card with my number on it which he took.

"You are such a cutie you are very welcome try not to chase after cars anymore okay Jack." I smiled waving at him with him doing the same telling Aaron goodbye watching him flash me a light smile.

Before they walked away leaving me to wonder. Did I really just meet a decently attractive guy?