Chapter Three

Taven's Pov
When the playdate to finally arrived I was actually really looking forward to something other than going through a box of my old memories and working. What can I say that little boy grew on me.

After Aaron had sent me the address to his apartment I had bought a few Lego sets cause I'll be honest Lego sets were entertaining when you could build them right. I could do that for hours.

I knocked at the door shuffling the boxes around glancing down at my sweats and the large hoodie I was wearing. I glanced up when I heard loud footsteps running when the door opened.

I grinned flashing Aaron a smile when he returned it chuckling holding open the door. I gasped smiling when I felt Jack hugging my leg tightly.

"Autumn! Hello, I missed you." I giggled quietly at the energetic boy being lead inside the apartment.

"Hi, Jack." I chuckled handing Aaron the boxes which he took placing them somewhere near the living room.

"Your braids Autumn! They are rainbow!" I chuckled when I squat down to high height so he could play with the twin braids.

"Oh yeah, you like them little man? I knew you'd like them if they were colorful." I laughed scooping him up when he held out his arms for me.  I carefully picked him up placing him on my hips with a soft grunt.

"Oh you are getting super big little guy, I got you some toys to play with too, cause it can't be a play date without toys."

I chuckled bouncing him gently on my hips while rubbing at his back I made eye contact with Aaron.

"Your hair looks awesome like always." He complimented me. I grinned again.

"Why thank you Aaron you don't look half bad when you aren't wearing a suit. " I teased chuckling heading into the living room.

_________________________
"So yeah my work isn't... All that interesting." I chuckled trying to pay attention to Aaron it was a little hard since Jack was jumping back and forth between the couch with his action figures.

Me and Aaron just casually chatting with one another.

"Autumn! Look I'm working the case like daddy! I'm catching all the bad guys." I paid attention to the young boy for a minute to flash him a smile, a little confused gazing back at Aaron who was chuckling swiftly.

"Working the case?" I asked wondering if Aaron was proving my theory correct.

"Well you see I'm an SSA at the BAU." I blinked my eyes quite a few times.

"So you work for the FBI?" I questioned totally acting clueless, Aaron nodding his head pressing his hands onto his cheeks.

"It's a pretty stressful job actually, I sometimes can't always watch Jack so his aunt Jessica my ex sister in law watches him."

I hummed a little knowing this was an even dangerous game. Yeah, I wasn't exactly an assassin anymore and that's an old life I would love to leave behind. But I put myself in deep shit when I used fake allies. An active FBI agent and me? Holy shit.

"You know if you like if you don't wanna bug her I'm always available." I offered with a soft giggle. I wasn't even watching but when Jack tried to jump on the armrest he almost fell back with a yelp till I caught him just in time bringing him to sit in my lap.

"Careful there." I chuckled glancing down at Jack who stared at me with deep round eyes. Aaron was staring at me quite startled.

"God your reflects are so amazing." He looked like he almost had a mini heart attack, Jack stayed seated in my lap babbling and talking to his toys like he almost just didn't bash his head on the floor.

"I would really appreciate that Autumn really you sure it's no trouble?" He asked me fast. I giggled quietly when Jack for distracted yet again and was playing with my colorful braids happily.

"Aaron I practically love kids don't worry, plus I am only twenty-one, I think I can keep up with his energy." I grinned poking at Jack's tummy making him squeal and laugh loudly.

"Haha." Aaron laughed dryly chuckling at me.

"I'm that much older than you." He chuckled standing up going to head to the kitchen. I chuckled cooing at Jack a bit before I felt my cheeks grow warm at the thought.

"I think I have a thing for older guys." I found myself muttering a little.

"What was that!" I squeaked quietly totally thinking he didn't hear me.

"Nothing!" I called back snickering to myself a little embarrassed that I almost got caught speaking that out loud. Oh Lord, why do I have such a bad feeling about all this?