Chapter Ten

Taven's Pov
"After all this time I would have hoped to imagined you didn't name yourself with a victim complex. Though then again. It is you we are talking about." The deepest scowl formed across my face in a instant taking a moment to look across at the large motions of the water spewing out of place. I didn't wanna give Terry the full satisfaction that he had control over me like he did years ago.

Instead I let my mind drift to when Aaron took us here for our first date, we're we shared our first kiss. As cheesy as it sounded, best kiss I had in a long long while he was so sweet and the laughter that left him he was at so much ease, he was never gonna forgive me after this and I don't fully blame him either.

"Can you stop talking." I muttered facing my body to face the stone fountain even more speaking more harshly with each word spitting out more venom then before.

"You have no life.. If you had enough time to track me down and find out all this information about who I was dating and why just ugh." I sighed shaking my head deeply, a small hiss leaving me when he grabbed the back of my head yanking me closer to him, his eyes narrowing.

"Don't flatter yourself Taven, when I'm the only man giving you the time of fucking day. You are broken deep inside, you have so much guilt from what you did, and you think you can just move on? You think he would marry you? Give you a kid that's a fantasy get your head out of the clouds cause no one would ever dream of it." Each word stung, yet deep down inside my gut I knew it was true.

"Let go of me. " I demanded out blinking away tears fast his grip grew even more tighter.

"Remember tears are weakness pathetic." My teeth clamped together roughly, yanking away from his grip shoving him away from me roughly with an angry yelp like sound, the sound of a gun clicking in place had my body tensing feeling his arm snakes around my waist fast bringing me in front of his body.

Of course I shouldn't even be surprised he is using me as a shield.

"Terry Miller let her go, and I'm not gonna repeat myself." I didn't wanna look Aaron in the eyes hearing the hardness in his voice, I was ashamed looking down listening to the rough thumping of my heart flooding into my ears.

"Like I haven't heard that line, or freeze. me and Taven have been through this plenty of times, she always ends as a shield isn't that right baby?" I mostly kept quiet shutting my eyes tightly.

"You already know how this is gonna end you are surrounded by my agents. One wrong move and I'll slip a bullet right into your head." My eyes fluttered a few times finally having the guts to look Aaron in the eyes, seeing a soft look flashed across his eyes for just a moment, Terry sighed roughly and pushed me roughly towards Aaron.

"What's the point you aren't worth all the trouble." Aaron grabbed at my arm quickly urging me in front of him leaving Rossi to step quickly grabbing Terry, dropping my head down for a moment I pressed my arms behind my back feeling Aaron's palm rub at my arms a couple times.

"Taven.. I'm sorry it's just procedural.. We have a lot to discuss but for now. I'm sorry, you have a right to remain silent anything you say can be held against you in the court of law." Keeping my head dropped down I just listened to him reading my rights, sound everything in my nature to keep my breathing steady. A true nightmare came true if I saw so myself. I already had a feeling it's gonna be the team profiling me which made it even worse.

A nightmare I never wanted to see it come to life. A heavy sigh I never knew I was holding in left from my chest in one large breath of air, causing me to lift this weight off my shoulder. Such a heavy weight always on my shoulders was finally lifted and gone all in one piece.