Chapter Seven

Taven's Pov
It felt like so long since I had been genuinely happy, where I felt like I belonged. The first time I ever wanted to actually tell someone about me. And the months and months I spent dating Aaron I started to feel guilty Aaron had been truthful with me always about his job, about how he felt how he couldn't always be around, and yet here I was lying about how I use to be a assassin for hire.

Sometimes when I felt extremely guilty I would distance myself from Aaron and Jack but that would only work for a good week without Jack and Aaron knocking on my apartment door for movie night. I always had to be standoffish of his team as well, with how many times I had meet them now they got a brief idea of me. And Rossi no matter the time of day he would ask me so many questions so many that I knew he wasn't dumb at all.

I found myself resting my back on the edge of my bed digging mindlessly into the box with ease pulling out old family photos I smiled at the sight of eighteen year old me with my mom, she freaking hated taking pictures. I do miss her more than anything. Each picture after the other I noticed how my smile went from being so real, to drastically fake in each one.

"Baby? Where are you?" I perked up a bit from tracing at photos totally forgetting I had given him a key, this box was just one of memories so I didn't mind him seeing it actually.

"In my bedroom, I thought you were working a case." I spoke through soft laughter hearing his footsteps nearing in the hallway watching him enter with ease looking at me for a moment lifting an eyebrow my way as he noticed me sitting on the floor.

"It finished early, Jack is having a sleepover at Jessica's house. Whatcha got there why are you on the floor." He
joked squatting down next me for a moment before he grunted sitting beside me. I flashed a soft smile his way showing him a few of the photos watching him peer at them interest flashing across his eyes.

"Just looking at old photos I have stored away. I don't exactly like hanging them up, isn't it odd memories are suppose to be like a blast from the past." A simple chuckle left the man as he took the photo to gaze at it as well with me, another smile growing in his features.

"You had to have been eighteen perhaps nineteen in that photo. And that's your mother, judging from how you try to shy away from the camera you were timid and quiet." I was so quick to start laughing quickly covering his mouth as fast I could his eyes studying with amusement as he watched me.

"God I hate profilers! Shush I'm still shy and quiet like to keep to myself thank you very much." He just shook with laughter wrapping his arms around me urging me close into his side pressing a few lingering kisses to my temple muttering across it.

"I find your shyness so incredibly cute, especially when we go on dates and you try and hide your head in my chest when you are embarrassed. " He found the best joy in making me suffer I pinched quickly at his chest so close to twisting his nipple when he jerked slightly laughing trying to hide his head in place on top of my large bed of curls.

"Violence is never the answer." He teased to me his warm large hands sliding all over my exposed arms and shoulder blades.

"Watch me make it the answer." I playfully grumbled as I snuggled up into his chest. I so desperately needed to be in his embrace it was more than anything I needed my arms finding its way around his waist, his scent that was a mixture of coffee and his own scent.

"Is everything alright Autumn? I rarely try to profile you but it's like you are holding back, you know that whenever you feel down or just needing time. I'm here for you okay baby?" I nodded my head weakly a couples times taking a deep breath.

"Do you remember that night when you and Jack were telling me about Haley? And I got to see you guys say goodnight to her with the candle." His body language changed for a moment but he nodded feeling his eyes had shifted down to watch me closely.

"Of course I do how could I not you cried that night and I held you because I saw how emotionally you get cause you care about others Autumn." I smiled gently on his chest as I nodded my head a couple times.

"That night I realized just how easy it was going to be for me to fall in love with you, and I feel myself doing that because you are truthful. And trust is so important." I was sure his eyes had grown for a moment but the smile that took over his face was enough for me feeling him placing lingering kisses down the side of my face, all over before landing a gentle but firm one on my lips at the very same time.

"I'm glad to hear you saying that I'm falling in love with you as well. Eight months we've been together that long and I couldn't be happier."