Facts 121-130,Nature

Sorry for doing so much nature, but here are so many nature facts out there.

121. Although Mount Everest is often called the tallest mountain on Earth, Mauna Kea, an inactive volcano on the island of Hawaii, is actually taller. Only 13,796 feet of Mauna Kea stands above sea level, yet it is 33,465 feet tall if measured from the ocean floor to its summit

122. The oceans contain 99 percent of the living space on the planet.

123. The Antarctic Ice Sheet holds nearly 90 percent of the world's ice and 70 percent of its fresh water. If the entire ice sheet were to melt, sea level would rise by nearly 220 feet.

124. Trees are the longest living organisms on earth.

125. Only female mosquitoes bite people.

126. Both George Washington and Thomas Jefferson grew cannabis sativa (marijuana) on their plantations.

127. Chimpanzees are the only animals that can recognize themselves in a mirror.

128. If extracted, it is estimated that all the gold suspended in the world's seawater would give each person on Earth 9 pounds.

129. Monaco is the Highest Density Country of the world, 16,205 people per square k.m. live in Monaco.

130. Elephants have large, thin ears. Their ears are made up of a complex network of blood vessels which with regulating an elephants temperature. Blood is circulated through their ears to cool them down in hot climates.