Facts 321-330, Divorce

321. Only one U.S President is known to have been divorced: Ronald Reagan.

322. It's a law in Wichita, Kansas, that if a man mistreats his mother-in-law, it cannot be used as grounds for a divorce.

323. In 2012, an Italian man brought his mother along on his honeymoon. His new bride asked for a divorce three weeks later.

324. The world's oldest divorcées are a 99-year-old Italian man and his 96-year-old (ex) wife. He divorced her after 60 years of marriage when he found love letters she had written to her lover in the 1940s. They married in 1934 and divorced in 2011.

325. According to U.S. statistics, if one partner smokes, a marriage is 75% more likely to end in divorce.

326. In some Native American tribes, if a man left his wife without a serious reason, he was not allowed to remain a member of the tribe. Many tribes did not allow a man to separate from his wife if they had children together. The Aztecs were never permitted to divorce.

327. In the Aleutian Islands, if a man grew tired of his wife, he would barter her for food or clothes.

328. According to U.S. statistics, if there is daughter and no son in a marriage, the union is 5% more likely to end.

329. In the Philippines, divorce is illegal. Any divorce that is conducted outside the country is not recognized within the Philippines.

330. Divorce is illegal in Malta, a country that is controlled by the Vatican. It is one of the three countries in the world (all Catholic) where divorce is illegal, even if the marriage is not a Catholic marriage.