6

Marinette sat her phone down and sighed. She looked down at her stomach and smiled sadly as she rested a hand on the tiny baby bump that was forming.

"We'll get out of here soon, love, I promise." She whispered.

Tikki flew up beside Marinette's head and spoke. "I think we should get to cleaning, Mari! Don't worry, I'll get some kwamis to help."

"Thank you, Tikki." Marinette hugged Tikki to her cheek and then stood up.

Marinette changed into clothes that are more suitable for cleaning. She also put her hair up in a claw clip and put a pair of headphones on.

Once she was ready to clean she went downstairs, the kwamis followed immediately

It didn't take long for Marinette to clean the entire place due to the help she got from the kwamis. Plus the music she was listening to, which was a mix of genres that went from Jagged Stone to Taylor Swift, helped motivate her.

The apartment is always pretty clean so it took less than 2 hours to clean. And with a lot of time to spare, Marinette even decided to organize some things in the apartment and used the rest to plan what she would pack to take back to Gotham.

Marinette was very tired by the end of it all and decided to take a relaxing bath. Not even 10 minutes into her bath someone bangs on her trap door.

"Marinette! Get ready Lila will be here soon! Dress decent and not like a slut!" Came her mother's voice.

Marinette sighed and rubbed her small baby bump. Marinette vowed to never turn out as her parents did. She was going try and be the best mom ever.

"MARINETTE!"

"Coming!" Marinette yelled with an eye roll.

She got out of the bath and wrapped a towel around herself. She then blow dried her hair leaving it in beautiful waves. She then finished her skin care and put on only mascara and lipgloss.

She walked out of her bathroom and into her bed room in order to look for an outfit. She decided to wear something very comfy. It kind of gave off granola girl vibes but she didn't mind.

As soon as Marinette was ready to head downstairs she heard a commotion down stairs

As soon as Marinette was ready to head downstairs she heard a commotion down stairs. She immediately knew it was Lila.

Marinette took a deep breath, mentally preparing herself to lie her way through this apology and basically the entire dinner.

She opened the trap door and went down to the dining area. There she saw her parents smiling brightly at Lila as if she were their own daughter. A tinge of hurt and jealousy hit Marinette but she brushed it off. She had a hole other family who was supportive of her and her child. Why should she feel bad about losing the people who aren't?

Lila was the first to notice Marinette. When she first glanced at Mari, she smirked like she had finally won. At that moment Marinette wished Damian was there to slice her head off.

Lila then made her way to Marinette with a 'scared and guilty' look on her face. "Marinette! It's been such a long time since I've seen you. Ever since our last interaction I've been wanting to apologize! I don't know what I ever did to make you hate me but I am SO deeply sorry." A stray tear fell from her eyes as she force out a sad smile.

Marinette's eye twitched and one look at her parents told her that if she stepped out of line and didn't apologize... all hell would break loose.

~

A/N~ Sorry for the short chapter!

Published~ March 26th, 2023

Words~ 615