𝐞 𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐞𝐯𝐚𝐧 𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

and the stars were shining,

and the earth was scented.

the gate of the garden creaked

and a footstep grazed the sand...

fragrant, she entered

and fell into my arms.

-luigi illica and giuseppe giacosa-

⊹⊱✫⊰⊹

"you seem to wonder to your own world whenever you can, anna bernard."

"yes but that world is so much better, mr jesus."

⊹⊱✫⊰⊹

ANNA GRAY 

never died, no matter what that file said. Everyone thought she was going to die, and she nearly did but eventually she pulled through it. No one ever bothered to fix the mistake made in her file ― no one thought she was important enough. Little did those people know that Anna's mother had been looking for her and any hope of her daughter's return home was squashed because they were too lazy to redo some paper work. 

The first chance Anna got, she took it and left the hellish nunnery that had wronged her so. Unfortunately, Anna's horrible and sad life didn't get any better once she got away from the abuse of the nuns. She lived on the streets, seeking for a shelter and if she got one, it never lasted for too long.

But then a miracle happened, a miracle called Imogen Bernard. She was an older lady with a stiff smile and fancy jewelry. Anna never understood why Imogen took such liking in her but she offered Anna a home. A home where she could grow up to be a confident young woman. 

Imogen didn't have a family of her own. Her husband had died years ago and they never had any children. She needed someone to give her enormous fortunates to and when she had seen Anna with her big brown eyes, begging for money on streets, Imogen had no choice than to help her.

In 1924, Anna was an eighteen years old young woman who wore beautiful dresses and had people to do her hair. She no longer slurped her soup or slouched when sitting ― she was now a fancy young woman, visiting Birmingham with her fairy god-mother Imogen to attend her distant relative's, Grace's, wedding.