041.

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

The setting sun colored Anna's room with different shades of orange. Every shiny surface looked like they were painted with gold and the crystals on the chandelier have never looked more beautiful and neither has Anna. She was wearing a dress made just for her. A dark purple dress with silver details in the neckline and hem. Her hair was up ― an effort to keep her unruly hair in place ― and gorgeous earrings hang from her ears.

Every year Lady Imogen Bernard hosts a party to the upper class of London's society and though she had seriously considered skipping it this year due Anna's health, Anna had insisted she won't. 

Anna has attended the party once before and for her surprise, she had enjoyed it and was sure she was going to enjoy it again. She was feeling much better ― perhaps better than in ages and she wanted others to see it too. Her dreams were no longer tormented by nightmares nor did cold shivers travel up and down her spine. She didn't fear to fall asleep anymore and every morning she felt more and more stronger.

There was a new sensation of lightness in her heart which didn't go away.

She couldn't tell why or how and though her family might not like it, she knew it had something to do with Isiah. Every time she was around him, she smiled and not just from her lips but from her heart. Whenever he touched her she thought she could do anything. He loved her and she loved him.

There was a body length mirror in front of her. The mirror was centuries old ― it used to belong to the late Lord Bernard's mother. It had golden details around the sharps edges and if you looked carefully, those details looked like rose petals. Anna took a look at herself, wondering how she ended up where she was.

If two years ago someone would had said to her that soon she will have a home and a life full of riches, she might had thought them crazy. If someone would had told her that she will find her mother and the rest of her family...

She had never dared to dream of that.

To be fair she didn't even recall her mother. 

A knock on her bedroom door woke Anna from her daydreaming and she turned to look over her shoulder to see who was about to walk in.

Pair of dark eyes met hers and Anna smiled at her mother.

"Look at you," sighed Polly. "So beautiful."

Anna grimaced. "I look like one of those porcelain dolls."

"Perhaps but still, beautiful. How are you feeling?" Asked Polly and walked to where her daughter was. "No one wants to force you to be at the party."